Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Just Imagine: The John Lennon Experience starring Tim Piper  (Read 3604 times)

KelMar

http://www.justimaginetheshow.com/

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this? It is coming to a theater near me.  :) If I can find someone to go with me I might give it a whirl. I had to try twice to get the link to open but that's probably just my ISP.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 12:20:22 AM by KelMar »
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Just Imagine: The John Lennon Experience starring Tim Piper
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 01:14:29 AM »

I think you would enjoy this show.  If you've never seen a theater production Beatles show, this would be a good one to start with.  Years ago, I saw Beatlemania on Broadway.  I thought I was actually watching The Beatles!  I went back to see it a second time, this time with my sister.  It was my birthday present for her.

I couldn't get that link to open, but I found another site which had a nice preview:  http://www.unsigned-records.com/justImagineWebSite/show.html

I think you deserve a nice Mother's Day present.

I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 01:52:09 AM »

I think you would enjoy this show.  If you've never seen a theater production Beatles show, this would be a good one to start with.  Years ago, I saw Beatlemania on Broadway.  I thought I was actually watching The Beatles!  I went back to see it a second time, this time with my sister.  It was my birthday present for her.

I saw that HG absolutely awesome, they had a full orchestra for the 2nd part..

only John was a bit weak, the guy who did Paul was amazing

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 02:05:16 AM »

It was awesome, nimrod.  I saw it at the Winter Garden Theater both times in 1977 with the original cast.  And yes, with the full orchestra too.

KelMar

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 03:57:22 AM »

I think you deserve a nice Mother's Day present.

Aww...thank you. I think I will. Hopefully my daughter will still be around to go with me. It's not going to be like Broadway but it's a pretty decent venue and not too far from here. Can you believe it?  ;)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 09:05:14 AM »

Tim is very good I enjoyed his Working Class Hero show he did at Beatle Week 2004

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 03:48:22 AM »

Tim is very good I enjoyed his Working Class Hero show he did at Beatle Week 2004

Aww...thank you. I think I will. Hopefully my daughter will still be around to go with me. It's not going to be like Broadway but it's a pretty decent venue and not too far from here. Can you believe it?  ;)

There you go.  You've heard a rave review of Tim Piper.

Small venues are nice for shows like this.  I've seen The Moody Blues several times at Jones Beach and The Garden State Arts Center accompanied by philharmonic orchestras.  But my favorite concert was in a small club in Atlantic City.  Just two hundred fifty people and The Moody Blues without an orchestra.  My sister (leave it to the veteran concert-goer) was able to move us to a stage-side table.  It was obvious they preferred this small club and they put on a great show.

I hope you had a nice Mom's Day.

KelMar

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 03:50:14 AM »

The Moody Blues...another great band.  :) "On the Threshold of a Dream" was one of my brother's favorite albums when he was a senior in high school so I heard that a lot.

Page created in 0.559 seconds with 50 queries.