Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

Pet Sounds

(1/17) > >>

sange:
What do you think of Pet Sounds, by the Beach Boys? In terms of the Beatles it has great significance as it was inspired by Rubber Soul, but in turn helped inspire Sgt peppers.

Although the Beatles are undoubtedly my favourite group, Pet Sounds is my favourite album of all time.  All those polls on the Beatles discussion board asking which is the best album...I can never decide becasue every album has at least two or three songs I would prefer not to listen to.

yet I never hit the skip button oncewith Pet Sounds.  Apart from "sloop John B" (Which should never have been on the album in the first place) the album is very cohesive from start to finish, the songs just all belong together.  Plus they are unbelievably beautiful, lush instruments, the vocals are at times exquisite.

(God only knows is perfect from start to finish)

I am very interested in what others think, particuarly those who can be objective.   ;) 

:
the Orginal is Great

Wayne L.:
I have to admit I haven't heard the masterpiece of epic proportions that is Pet Sounds but I know it's great as a dedicated Beach Boys fan.  If Brian Wilson doesn't win a Grammy for the album Smile it's a travesty since the BB's have never won after all these years & it's better than 99& of the crap today.

Crazy Diamond:
One of my fave albums

:
aha child which you search for then here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version