Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Son Of The Man Who Snubbed The Beatles Acquires Fab Four's Early Hits  (Read 798 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

Contact Music
January 13, 2012
Beatles - Son Of The Man Who Snubbed The Beatles Acquires Fab Four's Early Hits

The son of the man who famously turned down the Beatles has now acquired John Lennon and Paul Mccartney's early hits as a partner at boutique music publisher Round Hill Music.Richard Rowe, whose father DICk passed on signing the Fab Four when he was an executive at Decca Records, and Round Hill founder Joss Gruss have landed the songs She Loves You, I Saw Her Standing There, Misery, From Me to You, There's a Place and I Wanna Be Your Man - one of the first hits for The Rolling Stones - among a catalogue of classics as part of a new partnership with Adage Classics.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/son-of-the-man-who-snubbed-the-beatles-acquires-fab-fours-early-hits_1283268
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:09:29 PM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Toejam

• A Beginning
Re: Son Of The Man Who Snubbed The Beatles Acquires Fab Four's Early Hits
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 10:44:26 AM »

Strange. I thought that apart from the early singles that Paul now owns the rest wwere all lumped in together and owned by Who/what ever looks after them now Wacko's gone. I guess they must have just hived off a few. Didn't Penny lane copyright stay with the guy who bought them from Dick James 'cause it was his daughters fav. song?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:50:21 AM by Toejam »
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 42 queries.