Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 64 Rickenbacker on Ebay Supposedly owned by John Lennon  (Read 2461 times)

Casbah

• A Beginning
64 Rickenbacker on Ebay Supposedly owned by John Lennon
« on: April 23, 2014, 08:32:49 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281317020537?ru

So the story from Ebay says this:

After Lennon broke his Jet-glo 325, Rose-Morris must have jumped in quickly, because before Lennon could reach for his old 325, the British importer gave him this model, which they then began selling for £166 as the "Beatle-Backer."  He used it for the '64-'65 Christmas shows.

After that, it went back to John's house and then given to Ringo.

There is more info online to back this up. But supposedly, SUPPOSEDLY, Ringo was in possession of this guitar to this day. Or maybe until yesterday?

It's a very curious item.
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

Re: 64 Rickenbacker on Ebay Supposedly owned by John Lennon
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »

It will be interesting to see what kind of an offer he ends up accepting.

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 09:28:30 PM »

Ok, I think I misread this description. I don't think the owner is claiming John Lennon owned it, it looks like he is stating it is the same model, not the same guitar.

So, false alarm, my bad.  Still, I agree, it would be interesting to see whta it goes for...

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:32:34 PM by Casbah »
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 03:11:09 AM »

Right, Casbah.  The listing, however, is accurate for the history of this guitar and Rickenbacker's UK distributor. 
I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 44 queries.