Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Chris Huston "Undertakers"  (Read 6086 times)

Benzadrine Beat

• One And One Is Two
Chris Huston "Undertakers"
« on: March 05, 2009, 06:16:45 PM »

Chris Huston guitarist for the Undertakers and recording Guru has a web site http://www.chrishuston.com/ and includes some cool photos and stories he has written from back in the day. Have a look/read! I really enjoyed his Keith Moon, John Lennon, and especially his "Dinner with Charlie stories"! Brilliant!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: Chris Huston "Undertakers"
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:57:16 PM »

yeah i have a hell alot of respect for chris houston...he made great connections even tho he didn't make a pile of money...i think he looks back fondly...the undertakers are back together again....they have a cool my space page....
heres the link...http://www.myspace.com/theoriginalundertakers some of my best friends are undertakers....
i know the rest of the early mersey side bands envied the undertakers...they we polished for the times...at least outwards appearences seem so...jackie lomax is back too...

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 12:06:01 PM »

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »

Was this taken before or after John's session at the spot?

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 04:19:26 AM »

b4 i believe.....it's jackie lomax....i think jurgen took it as well....research project for you.....report back with details.... ha2ha

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 05:56:16 PM »

No problem. All I need is time. ha2ha

scouser

• One And One Is Two
    • Chris Huston
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 05:39:29 PM »

I'll save you the time ... :)

The picture was taken by Astrid Kirchherr, in 1962, in Hamburg.  She took a group shot of us in the same doorway.  I t was an old apartment building, in the Altona district of hamburg.  It was building #2, high up on the right (in the picture) and she had previously taken pictures of the Beatles in the doorway of building #1.

Many years ago, Astrid sent me a large print of this photograph, which signed "To Chris, with Love, Astrid".  I have it the wall as a reminder of what incredible times those were.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »

i thank you sir...but that was bobbers home work....do u often do people homework?
no i am kidding i thank you much for the info....

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 08:30:36 AM »

Pfff, been researching that for two years.... And then scouser comes in and gives the answer straight away. ha2ha   Nevertheless, thanks for that.

scouser

• One And One Is Two
    • Chris Huston
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 06:58:25 PM »

My pleasure, gentlemen.

Seeing my name and the group I played with in the title of the thread, how could I resist ... :) :) :)

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 02:31:08 AM »

thanks Chris i knew it was you...welcome to the boards...i am a big fan...help us do the fight songs topic....i havent posted it yet tho...be on guard eh?its great when you chaps resurface...where have you been hiding????and hey start a damn topic would you?do i gotta do everything???? ha2ha much love chris....you still rocking?

scouser

• One And One Is Two
    • Chris Huston
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »

I haven't been hiding, that's for sure!  I'm not sure that anyone can truly hide, anymore.

I've been designing recording studios, theaters and high-end listening rooms for Audiophiles.  Actually, I've been designing studios for years  -   since my first one, in 1967.  The theaters and listening are something that I got into around 2002.  I designed a studio for Jonathan Cain which has just been completed.  It's in Nashville and it turned out really nice.  The great thing was that Jon did not compromise on anything and wanted to do it right.  So, we ended up with a beautiful place that sounds great.

As far as playing (Rocking, as you put it), I play for my own amusement.  Very rarely is anyone else amused when I do ... ;D

What's this 'fight songs' thing that you're talking about?

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 02:16:09 AM »

the signature song that each of the early groups had....we disussed it breifly with eric griffiths of the big three...he said cavern stomp was theirs i think...you know a song you played everytime....at the shows..i suggested to arty drummer from farons flamingoes that a few of you colaberate on a book of the era all the same time frame....do u still talk to jackie lomax?last i saw he was acting western still....whats up with you brits and the rebel flags???lol

scouser

• One And One Is Two
    • Chris Huston
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 02:10:45 PM »

That would be Brian 'Griff' Griffiths. Johnny'Gus' Gustavson was on bass guitar and Johnny'Hutch' Hutchinson on drums.  The Big Three  - Great group.  BTW, the picture that was posted, in another thread, of the Big Three, was one with Adrian Barber, the original guitarist. And yes, their signature song was "Cavern Stomp".  But that was later on.  Their original signature song was "Some Other Guy".  I suppose that The Undertakers signature song was "Watch Your Step"?

I haven't talked with Jackie for quite a few months.  Geoff Nugent, our rhythm guitarist and singer, was over last year with his lady and stayed with us for several days.  A few months ago, Karl Terry, of Karl Terry & the Cruisers, came over for a visit. 

As to Jackie's Western persona:  Yes, he still has it. 

Oh yeah! Rebel flag and Brits?  I live in the South, but have the Stars & Stripes hang on the flagpole.

Page created in 0.268 seconds with 58 queries.