Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

John Paul Jones on Plant/Page

(1/3) > >>

:
This is an excerpt from an interview with John Paul Jones:

Jones adds that he meets "too often" with Page and Plant on residual Zep business matters. His relationship with the two has been strained since the singer and guitarist reunited in 1994 without inviting Jones or telling him about it. Feelings soured further when they named their album "No Quarter," after one of Jones' Zep compositions.

"I felt, not stupid, but ... why? Why doesn't somebody just say something. Just say, 'We don't want you,' or whatever," he says. "I really don't mind. It just seems so spineless to sort of crawl away."

Jones got even at Zep's 1995 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, when he thanked his former bandmates for "remembering my (phone) number." The zinger remains a highlight of Hall of Fame lore, and Jones remembers Neil Young, who jammed with Zep that night, poking Page and Plant in the ribs and admonishing them, "don't you forget his phone number ever again."

However, Jones acknowledges, the episode has put a chill in their relationship.

"I find it hard to talk about, and they certainly don't want to talk about it," says the married father of three grown daughters. "I know Page certainly looks at me a bit funny sometimes. I think Robert's in another world; I don't know what he thinks anymore. And we were close. It seems just odd."

An Apple Beatle:
It's real sad when that happens to bands. What a bass player aswell. Happens all too often in the industry.

pc31:
it is awful..........but those fat bastards will get it in the end......they are getting some now...being how they went from thin pretty hippies to fat balding rockers...
howard beware.....

Wayne L.:
I can understand where JPJ is coming from with his former bandmates Page & Plant but it's nothing shocking just rock star ego.  

pc31:
from what they have done latley,i see nothing for them to crow about...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version