Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bill Harry - Derry and the Seniors?  (Read 9702 times)

Benzadrine Beat

• One And One Is Two
Re: Bill Harry - Derry and the Seniors?
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 06:28:51 PM »

Thanks for these Ben. Any more? And do you have any info about them - titles, album title etc?

Possibly this:

Here's Howie in 2000.

Blue Meanie,
Yes I have all the Howie Casey songs from "Twist at the Top" and much more! I thought I would post four to start, to see how it all worked and to see if there was any interest in more tracks. I'm not sure what you mean by "Here's Howie in 2000" but if you would like to see and hear him in 2006 go to the link I posted previously @ http://www.sonicbids.com/epk/epk.aspx?epk_id=48085

The songs I posted are shown in RED

Song Title

1. Double Twist
  2. Fly, The
  3. Yes Indeed
  4. Bony Moronie
  5. Taxi Blues
  6. Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey
  7. Boll Weevil Song, The
  8. Big Daddy
  9. True Fine Mama
  10. Bone Shakin' Annie
  11. Stay
  12. Let's Twist Again
  13. I Ain't Mad at You
  14. Twist at the Top
  15. Mainline
  16. Swingin

Bobber

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 03:01:26 PM »

Bobber

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 09:40:50 AM »

This is what Bill posted on Facebook a couple of days ago:

Derry was a very important part of the Mersey scene and a good friend of mine. Derry & the Seniors were the very first Mersey group to go to Hamburg and the first Mersey group to make an album and single. There were two lead vocalists during their Kaiserkeller season - Derry and Billy Hughes. Derry was the ultimate showman and he was the one Koschmider referred to when he told the Beatles to 'mach shau' like Derry. At one point Derry gave up singing, but i encouraged him to form another group. He and I were going to collaborate on a book about his intriguing life called 'Black Scouse', but he vanished from the scene for years, disappearing in Italy where, I think, he had a jail sentence. I then saw him again in London at the Cromwellian club. Derry had a few too many, went out of the club, stole a bike and crashed into a police car at a set of traffic lights. Going up the escalator at Baker Street Station, he was going down and shouted out 'Bill, we've got to get together for a bevvy." I never saw him again and he passed away at too early an age.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 38 queries.