Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: All Things Must Pass (album)  (Read 10166 times)

Re: All Things Must Pass (album)
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 04:42:00 AM »

Quote from: 483

South Americans seem to be known for doing mono mixes. One of the best known mono mixes of Abbey Road is Brazilian.

And this Mid Valley boot I got is definitely sourced from a Brazilian pressing. I figued out how to read the labels. They just used the vinyl labels as the CD labels. Nice packaging but this is to be expected from Mid Valley.

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
  • Staple it toghether, we'll call it bad weather
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 04:42:29 AM »

(atmp)
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008, 05:17:47 AM »

Quote from: 483

South Americans seem to be known for doing mono mixes. One of the best known mono mixes of Abbey Road is Brazilian.

The Japanese may have been issuing mono fold downs, too. Years ago I had a bootleg called "Casualties" which included a mono version of the Japanese "Let It Be" single, which I assume must have been a fold down from the stereo. I imagine you could find out what mixes were made from Mark Lewisohn's books, but I haven't got a copy handy here.

http://www.bootlegzone.com/scan.php?scid=43492

awc1967

• A Beginning
  • arrive without travelling
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2008, 08:31:35 PM »

Quote from: 551
*takes Kevin out back and beats him bloody with a two-by-four*

Sorry, I have only so much patience!  ;D *smacks you again*

Well, everyone has their taste. You think these songs were molehills. Okay. No one has to like all the Beatles songs or all of their solo work. George's solo work is my favorite of the ex-Beatles and he accomplishes this because he brings so much of himself and his philosophy to his music. I don't want mindless chatter; I want something that is a lovely melody, beautifully orchestrated, and makes me think. Not much, I know, but I'm fussy. And based on this, Bing! George wins.  (For me. You of course can prefer whatever music you like to listen to in your own home.)

Just because you got me curious, I did my own  "overt seriousness" hunt on ATMP:

"I'd Have You Anytime" - sweet love song
"My Sweet Lord"
I've got a feeling,I think that everybody knows
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 44 queries.