Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Recording The Beatles  (Read 14721 times)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: Recording The Beatles
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 01:25:38 PM »

God, I REALLY do have to get this book!

I rather optimistically put it on my Xmas list!!!!!!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 01:55:03 PM »

Sounds Great !!!!!!!!!! :)

Bobber

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 07:26:53 PM »

I was on my way to order it. The book was 100 USD, but shipping and handling appeared to be 59.10 USD. Total 159.10 USD. That was just one bridge too far. Sorry Brian.

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 09:44:21 PM »

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hullo everyone...

I'm just curious:does ANYONE here have the Recording The Beatles book? I am amazed at how there is no discussion of it around here. I recently got it, and I truly feel this is one of THE most important books ever written on the group. I guess I can't believe everyone's not talking about it.

The website on the book is http://www.recordingthebeatles.com , but I don't think it really does it justice. Judging from the website, you might think it will be all about microphones and speakers and stuff, and there definitely is a lot of technical equipment talk (which is a bit over my head at times). But what the site doesn't really tell you about is the last half of the book, which is all about their songs and how they were recorded. There is so much new information here it's hard to believe. So many new stories and insights from the people that were there and worked with the Beatles. An amazing amount of detail about the songs and sessions and many photos of the group I've never seen anywhere. It feels like every page answers some question I've wondered about for decades. I can't say enough about it.

I think one of the most important things about it is this is one of the few books on the group that presents completely new information, rather than recycling the same old stuff. Yes, it's expensive, but I would encourage everyone here to save up and buy it (there's supposed to be a cheaper version coming some time this year too). It comes in an old tape box with extra goodies, and the whole thing feels like it should cost a few hundred bucks. This book definitely belongs on every Beatles fan's shelf next to the Mark Lewisohn book. It's the perfect companion.

Just curious if anyone else here has it...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 10:09:14 PM »

Hi DeeMishay and welcome to this forum.  

I haven't read the book yet but I intend to purchase it this summer.  I, too, feel it would be an excellent companion to Mark Lewisohn's book.
I can stay till it's time to go

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 10:12:49 PM »

HELLO DEEMISHAY  :)
Nice to meet you .
That looks an interseting book , ive not seen that before .
Mark Lewisohm he is the man for beatle books  8)
Wallflower Has Blossomed

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 10:25:24 PM »

Welcome to the forums DeeMishay. Enjoy ;)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Bobber

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2007, 08:06:46 AM »

Hi DeeMishay. Welcome at DM's. I have merged the existing threads on this particular book. Hope you don't mind.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2007, 01:38:29 PM »

Quote from: 773
Long time lurker, first time poster. Hullo everyone...

I'm just curious:does ANYONE here have the Recording The Beatles book? I am amazed at how there is no discussion of it around here. I recently got it, and I truly feel this is one of THE most important books ever written on the group. I guess I can't believe everyone's not talking about it.

Welcome aboard! ;D

As you are now no doubt aware, there have been some discussions about this book and one of the authors even posted here about it at one point!

There are a few VERY interested members here (myself included), however the postal charges to Europe are extremely prohibitive so until it's available via the usual book outlets I'm afraid it wont be selling many copies on this side of the Atlantic.

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 04:10:50 PM »

I don't know if forum members are aware of the re release  of the book "Recording The Beatles" by Curvebender publishing. This book is rather expensive  at $100 but it is worth every penny for the sheer Beatles
information that it contains.  I might  warn that this is not a Beatles novice book and more of a Beatlology  textbook of information regarding  Abbey Road Studios and all of Beatles recording from 1963 to 1970.  If
you have no knowledge of Audio, Electronics and the recording process, this book is not for you. Again, this is for more advanced Beatles fan who want to know about the recording process of  Abbey Road Studios during
the fab four period .

I have the book and it contains  mind blowing information.

http://www.recordingthebeatles.com

send email to:john@antihotmail.com

Bobber

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 09:17:50 PM »

Curvebender published another book lately, called Kaleidoscope Eyes. Looks interesting. Check it out here: http://www.curvebender.com/

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 01:28:04 AM »

Quote from: 360
God, I REALLY do have to get this book!

I rather optimistically put it on my Xmas list!!!!!!

It's a must for any  hard core Beatles fan

Mellotroniac

• A Beginning
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2008, 12:44:00 AM »

I finally got it and read, its the absolute GREATEST for learning at how to do Beatle style recording. I cannot write enough to do it justice. I would like to pursue a career as an engineer, and this is my magic book of spells!
&quot;No one around you will love you today and throw it all away...&quot;<br />&quot;Nothing is real...&quot;<br />&quot;Its all in the mind...&quot;<br />&quot;And life flows on within you and w

Bobber

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2008, 07:10:57 AM »

It arrived this week, but I'm not supposed to have a look at it because it's meant to be my birthday present next week.

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2008, 01:52:58 PM »

Product Total: $100.00
Shipping/Handling (Priority Mail International): $58.50 (To Iceland)
---------------------------------------------------
Final Total: $158.50

That is one expensive book!  :-/
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Bobber

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 09:37:35 AM »

It is. But I'm pretty sure it's worth it. And with todays exchange rates, it is almost as cheap as you can get.

Gloi

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »

I'm still waiting for a British bookseller to have this for sale. I'd have liked to have bought it by now but as previously said, shipping costs are prohibative.

Bobber

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2008, 07:19:34 AM »

I will be able to have a look at it today if you catch my drift.  ;D

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 04:52:35 PM »

Quote from: 1302
I'm still waiting for a British bookseller to have this for sale. I'd have liked to have bought it by now but as previously said, shipping costs are prohibative.

Sadly too true. :(
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Bobber

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2008, 03:01:17 PM »

Still, with today's exchange rates, it probably won't get cheaper than now. Alternative: come on over and you can read it here.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 82 queries.