Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Help! Beatles Lead Guitar Resources Wanted  (Read 2835 times)

gvdv

• One And One Is Two
Help! Beatles Lead Guitar Resources Wanted
« on: August 07, 2011, 07:46:08 AM »

Hi,
This is my first post on DM's Beatles' Forums.

At the ripe old age of 48, I have been a Fabs' fan since I was about 12 (when nobody in the U.K., where I was then living, really wanted to know about them).

I look forward to many happy hours posting here, and am starting with a question.

I am quite a mediocre musician, and find it helpful to learn Beatles lead breaks from a combination of tabs (not chord names, but real tabs), and videos (clearly explained, and presented; there are some useful examples on youtube, but most are either unclear to me, or inaccurate, or both).

Unfortunately for me, over the past year or so, many of the most helpful tabs and videos (especially mjsokes' videos) have disappeared from the net, and I am wondering if anyone could suggest anything that might be helpful for me.

I find the idea of Wolf Marshall's books quite attractive, and I have three of them, but I find that he is not always accurate, and the selections that he chooses are just that - selections - rather than complete tabs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
GVDV.

Bobber

Re: Help! Beatles Lead Guitar Resources Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »

At the ripe old age of 48, I have been a Fabs' fan since I was about 12 (when nobody in the U.K., where I was then living, really wanted to know about them).

I look forward to many happy hours posting here,

Welcome aboard gvdv. Where have you been in the last few years. ;D  Just kidding.
I'm not sure I can answer your questions, but there's enough members around that probably can.

Welcome once again.

nimrod

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 08:01:52 AM »

I cant suggest any more than the usual utube and guitar sites for tab sorry mate, I dont know how to play most Beatle lead parts as Ive never studied them, I like to play Blues/Rock style.
But I do know a guy on here who has a guitar & amp the same as early George harrison....

Welcome to the site. Stick around its great, but I warn you its addictive  ha2ha

gvdv

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 07:08:31 PM »

Hi Bobber and Nimrod,
Many thanks for the replies, and the warm welcome.

You know, I'm surprised that I haven't registered for the site before now, too. Where have I been all these years?

In the early 90's, I used to read the RMB newsgroup all the time, but a few years ago some of the interactions became vicious, so I backed off that. Am now a subscriber to Beatlegs (yahoo newsgroup) which is interesting, but limited in its scope in terms of the subject matter discussed.

Looking forward to more interactions and discussions with you and others here.

All the best,
GVDV.

stuartblogtumblr

• Bootleg Members
  • One And One Is Two
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 02:47:37 AM »

Hi and welcome!  I'm new here myself, and am an artist, not a musician.  Glad you're aboard.

nimrod

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 02:51:28 AM »

is that farewell gvdv ?

Page created in 0.665 seconds with 44 queries.