Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Magical Mystery Tour - Blue Jay Way clip  (Read 9847 times)

Magical Mystery Tour - Blue Jay Way clip
« on: July 16, 2004, 11:28:18 PM »

I watched the MMT for the first time yesterday after reading a lot of "paul is dead" stuff on the net...

Not that I believe any of it, I just find it rather amusing... But I came across one site that showed screenshots of the blue jay way video...

These are the pics and this is the link: http://www.kirkco.org/walrus/tour.htm

I look at the clip... and there it was... The 1st image is at the beginning of the clip, and the second one is near the end...

For the 1st image, the guy on the site says that it's a headless body projected on a wall, with the words "Magical Mystery Boy" written on his chest, and that someone projects a head (a cat's head, not a human head) above it. So far, I kinda agree with him.

Then for the 2nd screenshot, he says that there are 3 of the beatles (george, john and ringo) sitting in a dark room, watching the body on the screen... He says that john in on a rocking chair (I think it's more like a toy horse of somekind), rocking back and forth, ringo projects the cat's head over the body, and that george projects somekind of sharp object, cutting along where the head would be.

I'm having trouble figuring out if this is really the beatles sitting in that room... What are they watching exactly ?

I'm not into the whole symbolism that this clip represents (the so-called ritual of the 3 remaining beatles cutting of paul's head...) I really just want to understand what I am seeing...

So my question would be... What did you think that was when you saw the clip ?

Thanks

Rowdy

• Getting Better
Re: Magical Mystery Tour - Blue Jay Way clip
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 12:17:12 AM »

I'll watch the Blue Jay Way video and come back and give you my opinion....

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 01:34:31 AM »

I read the whole article and it is truly fascinating! The Blue Jay Way scene is incredibly spooky and I'll have to check it out on my copy now. Thanks for the link Boslesky! :)

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 02:55:32 AM »

No problem !

I'm currently capturing the video, only with those two scenes... I'm going to put a link up in an hour or so.

It's kinda hard to cue these scenes, since the first one (1st image) is about 5 or 6 seconds, and the 2nd one (2nd img.) is 8 or so seconds...

I know it's probably not much to worry about, but I find the whole scene VERY disturbing.

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 03:16:13 AM »

wow, that's like really creepy!

In image 2 the person to the far left looks kinds like George, ugh, that's creeping me out.

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 03:27:30 AM »

Here's a Windows Media player format of the movie... sorry it's not divx or anything, didn't have much time to encode... getting late

Blue Jay Way clip :
http://www.may-contain.com/mmt_bluejayway.wmv

So now everyone can tell me what they think.

EDIT: By the way, it's about 1mb to download

ringorama

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 03:38:15 AM »

I just watched it and I'm totally seeing the match up to the Paul is dead theory.

It's weird if you look on image 2 and the thing on the right of the body (our view, not the bodies) looks at one point almost like a pirate hat then it looks more like a hand a second (if even) later. Did anyone notice that or is it just me seeing things?

They're both really disturbing images to say the least.

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 04:06:11 AM »

Whatever it is I agree it is creepy.

I don't believe it ahs anything to do with PID as none of us long time Beatle scholars even ever heard of it.

NGM

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 05:35:26 PM »

Paul never really died right?

ringorama

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 06:09:38 PM »

[quote by=NGM link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1090020498,s=8 date=1090172126]Paul never really died right?[/quote]

haha, that one is dependant on who you talk to. You've got your Paul is dead people and you've got you're Paul is alive people. So, it's really up to you.

NGM

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2004, 06:35:59 PM »

Couldn't they just check his DNA? Lol...

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2004, 12:18:57 AM »

I'm gonna have nightmares over that clip!!!!!!!!!

Stratford

• A Beginning
  • Young and unlearned
    • Lair of tilly
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 09:27:55 AM »

Ugh, that one was new to me. Macabre...
You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly.
George Harrison[/righ

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2004, 11:05:51 AM »

[quote by=boslesky link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1090020498,s=5 date=1090034850]

EDIT: By the way, it's about 1mb to download[/quote]

Hmmm......so you could put the whole movie up in a 10-15 MB file? I've never seen the whole thing...just all of the videos and the first 13 minutes and whatever else was on Anthology. Obviously, that's most of it, but if you by any chance had the time to let it sit for fifteen minutes, capture it, and then put it up in a smile file, that would be terrific! I have a fast connection myself, and I'd try to pass it on to every other Beatle fan I meet on the web.

As for the video itself, I've just watched it again and checked out the site some more, not sure what to think of it all, some seems somewhat apparent, some seems a bit of a stretch.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »

You want the whole Blue Jay Way video ? Or just a couple of clips of the MMT ?

Anyhow, no problem, I can edit what you want tonight and post it, just tell me what you want on the video file

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2004, 02:52:47 PM »

Ah, I meant to say "Fifty minutes" not "fifteen" hence the confusion....if you could somehow get the whole movie up, that would be fantastic.....it's out of print and the DVDs sell for buckets on eBay, so I would scream with delight if I could finally see the whole film.

EDIT: Ah, I just watched YOUR "Blue Jay Way" clip and realize it was just a minute long....so the whole film would be fifty megs in that quality...if you are able to put the whole thing up, I guess you could lower the video window size or something to make it much smaller.....anyway, whatever you try or are able to do, thanks in advance.  ;)

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2004, 04:42:40 PM »

I tried to capture the whole movie, but the size of the file is still quite huge... You're better off downloading it from kazaa or emule

still, if you want it, I can put it up on my ftp, and give you a username/password to download it

just email me  [mail]lefrb@hotmail.com[/mail]

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 01:35:42 AM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1090020498,s=16 date=1090282105]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6309488239&rd=1

Very cheap![/quote]

Yeah, but it's not the real thing....the official Magical Mystery Tour DVDs always sell for forty bucks on eBay...most of the ones being sold are DVD-Rs or factory pressed, but not official ones.....I really don't feel like paying twenty bucks for something that isn't even an official DVD release.....as for Kazaa and eMule.....I can never get the latter to work, and there's usually only one person, if that, that has the film on Kazaa or Bearshare.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2004, 02:27:29 AM »

good link
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.473 seconds with 79 queries.