Beatles forums > Albums

Beatles For Sale

(1/6) > >>

stevie:
Hi guys. Ok, I could fairly say that this would be the least popular Beatle album?
Anyway, yesterday i was drving to pick up my daughter from school, and on a whim, decided to tak this CD. Hadn't listened to it for AGES!!

WOW, No Reply? how good is that song? You forget, don't you?  Great song to sing along too, LOUD.

ok, skipped a few then 'side 2'... i don't want to spoil the party, yeah, not bad. then I listened properly to What You're Doing. some really nifty things goin' on in that song! little guitar fills in the BG.

it isn't funny how you can continually 'rediscover' the Beatles?

tkitna:

--- Quote from: stevie on November 05, 2009, 12:21:26 AM ---ok, skipped a few then 'side 2'...
--- End quote ---

Lol, this is why its pretty much accepted as being their weakest (with Let It Be). lots of filler and covers. I know what you mean though, its good to break stuff out you havent heard in awhile and a lot of the times you come away with different opinions than you originally had.

--- Quote --- then I listened properly to What You're Doing. some really nifty things goin' on in that song! little guitar fills in the BG.
--- End quote ---

Love the song but it honestly has one of the worst guitar solos in it ever. George hacked that one.

Hello Goodbye:
I'm happy to hear you've rediscovered Beatles For Sale, stevie.  I've always liked that album and regard it as a pivotal album for them.  In many ways, Beatles For Sale heralded Rubber Soul.....

peterbell1:
I never noticed that those two photos were so similar!

Nelson_Wilbury:
I think that the less popular album is Yellow Submarine, but anyway...

There's the same number of covers that in "Please, please me" and "With the beatles", but are better that them for me. "Kansas City", "Everybody's trying...", "Honey don't" and "Rock and roll music" blow my mind.
And you can find "No reply", "I'm a loser", "Baby's in black" or "Eight days a week". All of them could be a single.

And I love "What you're doing" too. The Paul's voice sound very, very "McCartney" here  ha2ha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version