Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A VERY interesting article about Paul... perhaps a bit too interesting.  (Read 17594 times)

lunchpunch

• A Beginning
  • Turn me on when I get lonely.
    • My livejournal!

The whole article is pretty much ALL about Paul's sex life up until Linda. It's rather... interesting.

John accused Paul of trying to seduce Cynthia and Yoko:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.music.beatles/2006-01/msg00984.html

Description:
•Date: 9 Jan 2006 21:08:35 -0800
This is from Friday's Daily Mail.

DID PAUL SLEEP WITH YOKO?

He boasted of bedding "500 or 600" girls. And John Lennon accused him
of trying to sleep with BOTH his wives. Here, in the first extract
from a new biography, is the truth about McCartney the sexual
gladiator.

By Christopher Sandford

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:05:38 AM by lunchpunch »
Let me show you to my darkroom.

lunchpunch

• A Beginning
  • Turn me on when I get lonely.
    • My livejournal!

Interesting tidbit from the article...

At the height of The Beatles' success, he was besieged by female
admirers that the group's roadie, Mal Evans recalled arranging a shift
system on his behalf.

Evans also remembered the inevitable moment when, owing to sheer weight
of numbers, one girl on her way in met another one on her way out.

McCartney tolerated this administrative lapse with composure. "He
laughed and told them both to leg it upstairs and wait for him," Evans
explains. "He did."

Let me show you to my darkroom.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?

I dont believe for one second that he banged Yoko. As evil as she is, that story would have come out long, long ago. The rest I can see.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot

Sorry - but talk about a story about nothing.
Headline - young, handsome rich rock star has sex with girls! Never! Hold the front page.
The Yoko thing again appears to be all supposition, based on a Paul wink. And John was paranoid - he thought everything was about him.
don't follow leaders

The Swine

• Getting Better

so paul and faul both had the same sex techniques and libido
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Kevin

• That Means a Lot

Though apparently not the same preferences.
don't follow leaders

AngeloMysterioso

• A Beginning

ha2ha
Music's all right John, but you'll never make a living out of it.

Daveyo

• A Beginning

Paul spent much of the summer of 1966 at his new London home, squiring
a prodigious number of actresses and models.

The above is a copy of the article I read Ursurper Tom in 2006.

If my memory serves me correctly the Beatles were on tour during the summer of 66.  There is no way he can be in Japan, or at Shea Stadium and be at London at the same time.  hehehehehehehehee.

That story by Tom is BS.

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!

I read the whole thing, nothing I hadn't heard before. I still will never believe that Paul and Yoko slept together, and I'm not sure anything could make me believe it, unless Paul himself said so (which I can't ever imagine him doing ha2ha)

The name's Emily :)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me

Yeah, I strongly doubt Paul slept with Yoko, or that he even wanted her sexually.

As for Paul and his bazillion "conquests"...man, I've always felt so sorry for Jane Asher. :(

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
Re: A VERY interesting article about Paul... perhaps a bit too interesting.
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 11:32:25 PM »

^^Honestly though, I've always found it hard to believe that she was completely faithful as well. I mean, a gorgeous, young, actress in the "swingin' 60s"?

The name's Emily :)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 09:46:57 PM »

^^Honestly though, I've always found it hard to believe that she was completely faithful as well. I mean, a gorgeous, young, actress in the "swingin' 60s"?

I think she was because the minute she confronted the truth at Paul`s house she left him. If she had acted in the same way she wouldn`t have left him. Her psychology would have been different.

maywitch

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 09:51:57 PM »

I think she was because the minute she confronted the truth at Paul`s house she left him. If she had acted in the same way she wouldn`t have left him. Her psychology would have been different.

I don't know I thought there were rumors that she'd "stepped out" on him too?  There is something different about kind of "knowing it's going on" and actually SEEING it, you know.:)

I mean seriously, we know Paul slept with lots of girls, how would he have reacted if he'd walked in on Jane with another man?  That probably would have been it too.  Sure women are more likely than men to forgive an affair but plenty of women DO NOT.

In that sense I don't think she'd be any different.  She might know, she might even sometimes sample some other fruits herself, but it's different to actually be confronted with it.

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 10:35:42 PM »

Jane AND Paul have never spoken AT ALL about that time.  I think that's quite telling. Also she was really quite young at the time she met him, I don't know that the 60's were THAT swinging early on, were they? She came from a very posh family too, but wasn't rebellious. I don't think she would have fooled around.  There was always something odd about the getting engaged thing, though, because didn't that happen AFTER Paul got together with Linda?

Pual and Yoko? I read a mention of that somewhere, could it have been Francie Schwartz's tittle tattle book? I just can't get on with that idea.  It would have made a lot of stuff quite uncomfortable socially later on.  However, stranger things have happened....
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 10:50:19 PM »

Maybe we'll never know for sure if Jane was 100% faithful, but I've always gotten the feeling that while they both cared for each other, Jane was more taken with Paul than vice versa. And I'd bet that between the two of them, she was a lot more naive about their relationship.

maywitch

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »

She came from a very posh family too, but wasn't rebellious. I don't think she would have fooled around.

Yeah but she was in the acting business from the time she was a child, there is always "fooling around" going on in the entertainment business.  Even back in the day when divorces were more looked down upon, entertainers were a lot more likely to get divorced(usually due to cheating).  I'm sure Paul fooled around A WHOLE LOT more, but I doubt she hadn't done anything herself. I think there were specifically rumors about her and her co-star in one of those Old Vic(I think it was Old Vic wasn't it?) plays she was in.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 08:06:39 PM »

Maybe we'll never know for sure if Jane was 100% faithful, but I've always gotten the feeling that while they both cared for each other, Jane was more taken with Paul than vice versa. And I'd bet that between the two of them, she was a lot more naive about their relationship.

I agree with that.
And somehow I feel that Jane couldn`t have cheated on Paul. She was young, she was cultured and educated, she was kind of a "mummy`s" daughter, "a good girl".
Besides, Paul had become famous at that time and if she had cheated it would have been a great RUMOUR or a great SCOOP. Certainly Jane realized that pretty well to give any ground for gossip. Because any small hint at unfaithfulness would have been blown up! So if we know only about some kind of something between her and some actor it means there was nothing, maybe just this actor`s trying to court her.
What we know about Jane and the rest of her life proves that she is a very decent person and must have always been.

eroz0

• A Beginning
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 01:50:06 PM »

Jane AND Paul have never spoken AT ALL about that time.  I think that's quite telling. Also she was really quite young at the time she met him, I don't know that the 60's were THAT swinging early on, were they? She came from a very posh family too, but wasn't rebellious. I don't think she would have fooled around.  There was always something odd about the getting engaged thing, though, because didn't that happen AFTER Paul got together with Linda?
Actually Paul briefly talked about it in MYFN. Here's what he said:

I don't remember the breakup as being traumatic, really. I remember more one time when she was working at the Bristol Old Vic and she'd got a boyfriend in Bristol and was going to leave me for him. That was wildly traumatic, that was 'Uhhhh!' Total rejection! We got back together again but I had already gone through that when we eventually split up. It seemed it had to happen. It felt right.
I liked her a lot and we got on very well. She was a very intelligent and very interesting person, but I just never clicked.
One of those indefinable things about love is some people you click with and some people who you should maybe click with, you don't. Whatever.

I think it's reasonable to assume that since both of them were in the entertainment industry and spent most of their time touring away from each, they both knew that they were not completely faithful but chose to ignore it until they were confronted with it.

As for Linda, Paul and her had met a couple of times in 67, but they got together in the summer of 68, months after his engagement to Jane.

BTW, Francie has always said it was not her that Jane caught with Paul and I don't see any reason she would lie about that. In fact I don't think the story about Jane catching Paul in bed with another woman has ever been confirmed. I'm sure she knew about his affairs, so she could have just decided she had enough, or maybe she learned about Linda staying with him during the LA trip.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 02:17:39 PM by eroz0 »

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 02:08:08 PM »

I think it's reasonable to assume that since both of them were in the entertainment industry and spent most of their time touring away from each, they both knew that they were not completely faithful but chose to ignore it until they were confronted with it.

Sorry, but no, I don't think it is. Even in todays more promiscious times you constantly read about stardom couples breaking up over infidelity, so I don't think you can assume that these people automatically assume their partners will be unfaithful.
Most people expect their partner to be faithful and really we have no reason to assume Paul and Jane were any different. We know Paul was unfaithful, and Beatle or not kind of makes him a jerk (as most men are), and we have no evidence that Jane was.
In fact it seems that Paul was more in love with the lifestyle Jane gave him than Jane herself.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 02:48:54 PM by Kevin »
don't follow leaders

eroz0

• A Beginning
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 02:48:59 PM »

Sorry, but no, I don't think it is. Even in todays more promiscious times you constantly read about stardom couples breaking up over infidelity, so I don't think you can assume that these people automatically assume their partners will be unfaithful.
Most people expect their partner to be faithful and really we have no reason to assume Paul and Jane were any different. We know Paul was unfaithful, and Beatle or not kind of makes him a jerk (as most men are), and we have no evidence that Jane was.

Of course he was a jerk, no argument there. I said that I assume both were aware of infidelities because in Paul's quote it seemed to me that he was upset about the fact that Jane was leaving him for another guy, not that she had an affair, and in Jane's case she would have to be blind and deaf to not know he was unfaithful to her. After all Paul was not exactly subtle about it. He was often being photographed with other women. There were even articles about it. Francie was actually living with him for months before the break up! How could Jane not know?

I think Paul liked to believe that until he got married he wasn't obligated to be faithful. That way he could fool around all he liked without feeling guilty. I don't know if Jane felt the same but there were rumours about her having at least one affair. Of course even if she was unfaithful, it could have been a reaction to Paul's behaviour. In the end Jane probably had enough of that and dumped his ass.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 2.307 seconds with 90 queries.