Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A Harrisong????  (Read 3448 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
A Harrisong????
« on: April 24, 2004, 08:34:26 AM »

Hey Maria, or anybody that can help, what are we talking about here? Maria and I had a debate about George and Paul and I brought up a song on "Cloud 9" and Maria stated that George wanted to release a harrisong as the first single. I stated that i'd have to break out the album to even remember it. I'm at work and looked at "Cloud 9" on ebay because i'd like to replace the album with the CD, and I cant find any song titled this. I googled Harrisong and found so many different things that i'm lost. What does it mean? I'm ready to gouge my eyes out here. 

Re: A Harrisong????
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 09:10:03 AM »

I'm not quite sure what you're asking about here. "Harrisong" is just a term for songs written by George Harrison. Many of George's songs are published by a company he set up, called "Harrisongs".

There is no specific song called "Harrisong" on Cloud 9 or any of George's albums.

[For the benfit of people who didn't see the other thread, tkitna had pointed out that the first single from Cloud 9 was not a George-penned song. I mentioned that George was a bit peeved that the company had decided on Got My Mind Set On You, rather than (as I put it) a Harrisong .]

Hope that clears it up, tk.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 10:05:45 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=harrison,m=1082795666,s=1 date=1082797803]I'm not quite sure what you're asking about here. "Harrisong" is just a term for songs written by George Harrison. Many of George's songs are published by a company he set up, called "Harrisongs".

There is no specific song called "Harrisong" on Cloud 9 or any of George's albums.

[For the benfit of people who didn't see the other thread, tkitna had pointed out that the first single from Cloud 9 was not a George-penned song. I mentioned that George was a bit peeved that the company had decided on Got My Mind Set On You, rather than (as I put it) a Harrisong .]

Hope that clears it up, tk.[/quote]

It certainly does. Thank you my dear. When we were talking, you mentioned Harrisong and I havent dug through the vinyl (at my mothers no less) and played 'Cloud 9' for some years now. I couldnt remember a song with that title on the record for the life of me. I didnt know that George had his own publishing company with that title (i'll pick up my free dunce hat at the door), and it makes sense now. 'Got My Mind Set On You' was indeed a Rudy Clark penned tune. I should have done my homework, but thanks again.

Heres looking forward to our next venture!  (beer)

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 09:51:20 PM »

Thanks tk. I've got a provocative idea brewing!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 11:42:22 PM »

'Provocative' is my middle name. ::in his best austin powes voice::,,,Yeah baby!

slick rick

• Getting Better
  • bakers dozen
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 12:39:33 AM »

acutually its kinda like harri songs after hari krishna...isn't it?????
well its saturday night and i just got paid

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 02:39:53 AM »

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 49 queries.