Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: A Day In The Life - The Truth At Last!  (Read 79427 times)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
A Day In The Life - The Truth At Last!
« on: February 19, 2005, 08:12:27 PM »

There has been a great deal of debate surrounding just who sang the "aaaaaahhs" after Paul's line "somebody spoke and I went into a dream" from A Day In The Life. Well, Mr Charlie has sent me some evidence which, I believe, finally reveals the truth... it's Paul!

Now you can judge for yourselves - I've uploaded the two clips!! Please let me know what you think.

http://www.geocities.com/the_end_gb/dmforum/day.html

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
Re: A Day In The Life - The Truth At Last!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 08:19:26 PM »

Quality is not tops, but I WAS surprised that it seemed fairly OK. Clear and not muddy like I sort-of expected. (I would have said this regardless of how it turned out. In matters such as this, I try to be objective as poss. FYI, I have a good computer with harman/kardon speakers attached.)

However, it's still an aural judgement.

For what it's worth - it sounds like John to me.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 08:22:05 PM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

Get some new speakers!!! ;D

For me , these uploads put it beyond any doubt that it's Paul.  

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 08:27:05 PM »

Aren't ears strange things!

I was prepared to eat humble pie on this, but when I heard the files, I knew it was John. That edge that is always present in the Lennon voice is clear to hear.

But thanks, of course to you and Charlie.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 08:32:32 PM »

Late addendum: I must say that to my ears it is also clear on the CD and vinyl (mono & stereo).

Even later: My 17 year old daughter has a good ear for voices and accents (she's a great mimic), but she is no particular fan of her Dad's musical heroes. However, she thinks (based on the CD)

(a) John's voice is clear and dominant
(b) There may be another distinct voice there: she's not sure.

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 09:04:27 PM »

I agree...but if you compare "A Day in the Life" with the beginning of "Lovely Rita"...still strange though.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 09:05:43 PM »

Quality is not tops, but I WAS surprised that it seemed fairly OK. Clear and not muddy like I sort-of expected. (I would have said this regardless of how it turned out. In matters such as this, I try to be objective as poss. FYI, I have a good computer with harman/kardon speakers attached.)

However, it's still an aural judgement.

Of COURSE it does.  It's worth nothing, Rotman.

Because I don't believe you.  Only a congenital idiot such as yourself would not hear that it is Paul.  Therefore you lie.  But then, what's new?  Aw....you're going to be disappointed that I don't have three coronaries because a liar can't hear or won't admit to the truth.

Whether you bought it or not is of no further concern to me, you were as predictable as I figured.  The others are free to listen and use their ears (were your headphones actually plugged into your ass? Yeah, that would figure too.)

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 09:08:11 PM »

Aren't ears strange things!

I was prepared to eat humble pie on this, but when I heard the files, I knew it was John. That edge that is always present in the Lennon voice is clear to hear.

But thanks, of course to you and Charlie.

You're welcome.  You're also severely lacking in any aural facutlies whatsoever.  You were never prepared to eat humble pie (how refreshing THAT might have been) and there was never any danger of you doing so.  As early as yesterday you were already preparing your escape hatch should I actually prove you wrong (which I did).

It is clearly NOT Lennon, therefore I think you should hop along to a doctor.

It is NOT a matter of it being whomever you choose to hear.  It was either John or it wasn't.  It wasn't.

Ding.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 09:10:21 PM »

Late addendum: I must say that to my ears it is also clear on the CD and vinyl (mono & stereo).

Even later: My 17 year old daughter has a good ear for voices and accents (she's a great mimic), but she is no particular fan of her Dad's musical heroes. However, she thinks (based on the CD)

(a) John's voice is clear and dominant
(b) There may be another distinct voice there: she's not sure.

Your daughters ears are entirely irrelevant.  

I didn't mention MY daughters ears because of the same thing.  She walked in the house as I was editing the clip, made some mention of what a dream boat he was , I asked who and she said Paul.  She has been a Beatle fan since she was 4, she's 22 now.

I'd stack my daughter's ears against yours any day but then your girl has had a bad enough life living with you.  She doesn't need further debasing.

Ta!

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005, 09:11:39 PM »

Quote from: Soft_Guitar60

I agree...but if you compare "A Day in the Life" with the beginning of "Lovely Rita"...still strange though.

Ydoll/Maria/Rotweiller is not looking nor reporting for truth.  This is, in their own words, a game.

And a severely badly played one on their part, as anyone can clearly hear it being Paul.

How big of an ass does one need to be to act like this?

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 09:14:23 PM »

Quote from: The_End
There has been a great deal of debate surrounding just who sang the "aaaaaahhs" after Paul's line "somebody spoke and I went into a dream" from A Day In The Life. Well, Mr Charlie has sent me some evidence which, I believe, finally reveals the truth... it's Paul!

Now you can judge for yourselves - I've uploaded the two clips!! Please let me know what you think.

http://www.geocities.com/the_end_gb/dmforum/day.html

Thanks Alan.

I already knew Maria would pooh pooh it, which he/she/it fulfilled perfectly predicatably.  But I want junior to listen, and then tell me or anyone else they should get their hearing checked.

I await his reply.

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2005, 09:17:15 PM »

Be done with it: you say it's McCartney, that's OK. We can argue until forever...nobody knows for sure except the people who made the record and produced it.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 09:18:27 PM »

Be done with it: you say it's McCartney, that's OK. We can argue until forever...nobody knows for sure except the people who made the record and produced it.

Horsesh*t.

Listen to the clip before you speak.  THEN you can offer your opinion.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2005, 09:26:52 PM »

My daughter's ears are very relevant, because she has talent in that area. I notice your daughter (at 22) is still talking about people being dream boats: that seemed to be her qualification. Nuff said on that one.

The thing that interests me is that you can't bear to be disagreed with. You SAY you like discussion: but as soon as someone challenges, you go off half-cocked. It's an interesting phenomenon to watch. After I posted my opinion on whose voice it was, I went and did some work, and then returned to find you spraying your venom everywhere. Mate, you have a social dysfunction, that's for sure.

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2005, 09:42:38 PM »

My daughter's ears are very relevant, because she has talent in that area. I notice your daughter (at 22) is still talking about people being dream boats: that seemed to be her qualification. Nuff said on that one.

No, not "nuff said".  (What lame saying).

Your claims about your daughter are as irrlevant as any claims I would make about mine.  The point being she is -entirely- irrelevant.  Try standing on your own losing opinion.  Your saying she has talent is unqualifiable.  What IS qualifiable is the tape segment.

The thing that interests me is that you can't bear to be disagreed with. You SAY you like discussion: but as soon as someone challenges, you go off half-cocked. It's an interesting phenomenon to watch. After I posted my opinion on whose voice it was, I went and did some work, and then returned to find you spraying your venom everywhere. Mate, you have a social dysfunction, that's for sure.

You are the social dysfunction.  This isn't about *discussion*, it never is with you.  It's about one upmanship.  Your opinion about who it is is as irrelevant as your daughter's, for you lie far too frequently to be believed.

Spraying everywhere?  My, must be lovely being a fiction writer.  I answered each one of your posts, of which there were 4 or 5.  You first, "mate".

As others hear it they will know, but of course thanks to you they will be afraid to admit to what they hear.  

If someone still hears John I don't mind, I myself just yesterday couldn't quite tell (due mainly to tv in the background and such).  It is uncannily John-sounding, but undeniably Paul.

As a lifelong Beatle fan I live for finding this stuff.  I just turned a bunch of people on to a new phenomenon and I take great pleasure in bringing something new and exciting to the group.  

You bring.....what, exactly, besides condescension?  Do you actually wank while you post?  Sure seems like it.

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2005, 09:53:07 PM »

I saw this in the anomalies:
3:02-3:12
Paul can be heard doing a faint falsetto "ooo" harmony above John

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2005, 09:58:30 PM »

As others hear it they will know, but of course thanks to you they will be afraid to admit to what they hear. I don't follow that one ...

As a lifelong Beatle fan I live for finding this stuff. Charlie, I think you have lost perspective. You LIVE for finding this stuff? No wonder you get upset when it unravels! Wow!

I just turned a bunch of people on to a new phenomenon and I take great pleasure in bringing something new and exciting to the group. You might very well think that. Others might think that "new and exciting" are hardly the words for this!

Do you actually wank while you post?

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 10:02:46 PM »

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2005, 10:04:07 PM »

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 12:07:48 AM »

I had always assumed it was John. I thought it sounded like John. I never even thought about Paul until someone started the thread questioning it. Now, after listening to the clip I think it sounds like Paul.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Page created in 0.46 seconds with 70 queries.