Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: A Day In The Life - The Truth At Last!  (Read 79417 times)

apple sauce

• Getting Better
Re: A Day In The Life - The Truth At Last!
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2006, 01:47:26 AM »

Why did the BBC refuse to play the song due to it's supposed "drug" reference, but totally miss the With A Little Help From My Friends the Getting "high" refernce?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2006, 07:23:30 AM »

Maybe because Ringo sang it.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #222 on: September 15, 2006, 11:16:30 PM »

Quote from: 297
It was you ... tho, believe me if you want or not, but I visited this thread very late and began to read it from the very beginning and listened to the clips before I finished the reading -because of the arguments- ... and I went to your option without knowing it was already your option ... ;D however, the left channel sounds to me sometimes like Paul, but not always, ... specially at the end of the aaahs.  ??)

Was Bobber the first one who suggested it was both of them?  ??):
http://dmbeatles.com/forums/b-albums/m-1116789808/s-105/   (reply 106)

That was an interesting thread, by the way  :D

SgtPeppers67

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2006, 07:35:14 PM »

Sounds like George a bit.

I used to think it was John, but after hearing the samples it sounds like paul or george.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2006, 10:52:04 PM »

I am sworn not to add any further comments to this thread, so you go ahead and endorse the vocal as Paul's!! ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2006, 12:29:35 PM »

Okay, I've been up half the night reading Geoff Emerick's brilliant book and I come to page 152 and I quote:

Although the overdubs to the middle section were being done separately from the main body of the song, it had already been edited into the fourtrack master, which made Richard's job of dropping in and out a bit tricky. Paul's vocal, for example, was being dropped into the same track that contained John's lead vocal, and there was a very tight drop-out point between the two--between Paul's singing"...and I went into a dream" and John's "ahhh" that starts the next section. Richard was quite paranoid about it--with good reason--and I remember him asking me to get on the talkback mic to explain the situation to Paul and ask him not to deviate from the phrasing that he had used on the guide vocal.  I was really impressed when Richard did that--I thought it showed great maturity to be proactive that way. John's vocal, after all, had such great emotion, and it also had tape echo on it.  The thought of having to do it again and re-create the atmosphere was daunting...not to mention what John's reaction would have been!  Someone's head would have been bitten off, and it most likely would have been mine.  But Paul, ever professional, did heed the warning, and he made certain to end the last word distinctly in order to give Richard sufficient time to drop out before John's vocal came back in.  Listening carefully, you can actually hear Paul slightly rush the vocal; he even adds a little "ah" to the end of the word "dream" giving it a very clipped ending.

(dance)(dance)(dance)

(Even though I was wrong, I'm greatly relieved!)  

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #226 on: December 20, 2006, 12:53:55 PM »

Quote from: 216
...John's "ahhh" that starts the next section.

Always thought it sounded more like John. And thought so until some doubts were cast in this forum, but still thought it was more like John until this confirmation. At last we know!
All You Need Is LOVE!

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #227 on: December 20, 2006, 12:55:13 PM »

This is absolutely over-whelming evidence for the John argument.

However, I still do not hear John - even if I am wrong (and on this evidence I probably am!) I still hear Paul's voice!

Bobber

« Reply #228 on: December 20, 2006, 01:01:17 PM »

Quote from: 360
This is absolutely over-whelming evidence for the John argument.

However, I still do not hear John - even if I am wrong (and on this evidence I probably am!) I still hear Paul's voice!

Your cold has gotten to your ears, Alan.  ;D

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #229 on: December 20, 2006, 01:14:36 PM »

I should have bloody asked Macca when I met him - I'd believe HIM if he told me it was John!!!

« Reply #230 on: December 20, 2006, 01:16:54 PM »

Yes, yes you should have >:(

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2006, 02:17:18 PM »

Quote from: 216
Okay, I've been up half the night reading Geoff Emerick's brilliant book and I come to page 152 and I quote:

Although the overdubs to the middle section were being done separately from the main body of the song, it had already been edited into the fourtrack master, which made Richard's job of dropping in and out a bit tricky. Paul's vocal, for example, was being dropped into the same track that contained John's lead vocal, and there was a very tight drop-out point between the two--between Paul's singing"...and I went into a dream" and John's "ahhh" that starts the next section. Richard was quite paranoid about it--with good reason--and I remember him asking me to get on the talkback mic to explain the situation to Paul and ask him not to deviate from the phrasing that he had used on the guide vocal.  I was really impressed when Richard did that--I thought it showed great maturity to be proactive that way. John's vocal, after all, had such great emotion, and it also had tape echo on it.  Tghe thought of having to do it again and re-create the atmosphere was daunting...not to mention what John's reaction would have been!  Someone's head would have been bitten off, and it most likely would have been mine.  But Paul, ever professional, did heed the warning, and he made certain to end the last word distinctly in order to give Richard sufficient time to drop out before John's vocal came back in.  Listening carefully, you can actually hear Paul slightly rush the vocal; he even adds a little "ah" to the end of the word "dream" giving it a very clipped ending.

(dance)(dance)(dance)

(Even though I was wrong, I'm greatly relieved!)  

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I trust my ears better again at last. heheh
Thanks for thr info Sandra.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2006, 02:34:59 PM »

I was rereading the arguements. I never met Mr Charlie but I would like to see him eat a little humble pie. Ydoll would be happy.
don't follow leaders

Bobber

« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2006, 02:43:03 PM »

Mmm, great read. A lot of members left in this thread. Mr C even fell in love with a moderator! Those were the good days, sigh, when people fell in love with moderators... Can't believe we've come to the end of a thread...

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2006, 05:19:17 PM »

I bless thy closure on such a holy thread.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2006, 07:02:39 PM »

Sandra has found the key to the Holy Grail!  It's almost as if Geoff Emerick had read this board and answered our questions exactly.  It's the Paul punch-in that seals the deal.  It's so good you want to think it's Paul still singing.  

Good job, Geoff.  And of course Richard!

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #236 on: December 20, 2006, 07:11:28 PM »

It's so weird - as much as I honestly would like it to be John, not least for my sanity, I just don't hear him! I can only state what I hear and to my ears it's Paul!

I'm off to join the Paul McCartney Forum!!!!!!!!!! ;)

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #237 on: December 20, 2006, 07:23:27 PM »

Here, have a listen and judge for yourselves: http://www.geocities.com/the_end_gb/dmforum/day.html

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #238 on: December 20, 2006, 07:46:10 PM »

That does sound like Paul - especially the second sort of ahhh's where he goes up a notch. Has Mccartney's warmth and range.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2006, 09:49:53 PM »

Oh no!
Just when I'd more or les convinced myself that TE was right I now have to go back to hearing Lennon again.
I'm going to wait a few days before putting on Pepper again...and see what I hear!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 82 queries.