Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Remasters!  (Read 64602 times)

rob2004canada

• One And One Is Two
Re: Remasters!
« Reply #280 on: September 04, 2009, 07:26:44 AM »

I know I am new to this and have already sent a private PM. Please add me to the PM list for the link please. Would be nice to hear them for my roadtrip tomorrow night. I already prepaid for my local HMV to have one copy of each box next Wednesday. Somehow, I am a bit dubious about the Mono though. Time will tell...... :-\

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #281 on: September 04, 2009, 09:52:03 AM »

I probably will get the remasters & the rockband for my birthday

Bobber

« Reply #282 on: September 04, 2009, 10:21:09 AM »

I probably will get the remasters & the rockband for my birthday

You're getting big presents there Euan.

ShesCominDownFastYesSheIs

• A Beginning
« Reply #283 on: September 04, 2009, 04:34:06 PM »

Yes. Rule (although I tend to let it slip...) is that we don't post links to officially released material. In the past we have made links available for a pre-listen tho. Plus it isn't released officially yet. I will remove the links after 9/9 if you post them.

Ok well here they are:

Edit by BM. Please PM any links. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:18:46 AM by BlueMeanie »
It's great...it sold...it's the bloody Beatles' White Album, shut up

rob2004canada

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #284 on: September 04, 2009, 07:15:44 PM »

Thanks very much  :)

rob2004canada

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #285 on: September 04, 2009, 07:20:11 PM »

The White Albums ones do not seem to work though but the others came through just fine.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #286 on: September 04, 2009, 07:30:47 PM »

Just saw this on Twitter

Many Beatles fans will not be happy on Beatles Day
[Posted by Dave Haber on Friday, 09/04/09 12:18 pm] [Comments] [Full Blog] [Tweet This]

Next Wednesday, 09/09/09, is Beatles Day, as The Beatles: Rock Band and the Beatles Remastered CDs are released all over the world. However, it seems many Beatles fans who were looking forward to hearing those Beatles remasters will be disappointed on Beatles Day.

We can now report that as of last night, the official US Beatles store at beatles.com now shows, next to its listings for the box sets, that pre-ordered box sets will be shipped late, not on the originally promised date of 09/09/09.

The site now says that pre-orders for the Beatles Stereo Box set will ship at "the end of September," and the listing for the Beatles Mono Box even later, listed as shipping the "first week of October."

A Beatles News reader tells us that they checked their status of their order on the beatles.com store for the Mono Box last night, and the site shows no info on the order, and further, he says that his bank account, which had been previously charged for the order, now shows the charge for the order, $315 with shipping, as being credited back to his account. He is now concerned that the status of his order has changed, but can't get any further info about it from the site.

Our Beatles News tipster also reports that he was told by a local record store owner in the Dallas, Texas area, that their allotment of stereo box sets has been reduced to just 3 copies by EMI. He says the store owner was told by the label that there may indeed be a shortage of Stereo Box sets on 09/09/09, and that many major retailers will have neither the Stereo or the Mono Box sets in their stores on Beatles Day.

We are trying to follow up with Signatures Network, the company that runs the store on beatles.com, but we haven't gotten any feedback on this from them yet. Stay tuned to Beatles News for updates on the status of this fast-changing situation.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

• A Beginning
« Reply #287 on: September 04, 2009, 07:46:18 PM »

The White Albums ones do not seem to work though but the others came through just fine.

It works. The only track that is broken is Back in the USSR...but I provided a separate link for that.

rob2004canada

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #288 on: September 04, 2009, 08:04:33 PM »

Thanks again! I still cannot get the White Albums to work but MMT came through just fine. Got the Past Masters? We Can Work It Out has always been one of my favourite tracks.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #289 on: September 05, 2009, 12:14:04 AM »

Question 1: The old CD's will be demoted to my car CD's.

Questions 2 and 3: If I get the remastered stereo box set, then those will obviously wind up in my collection.

yes, looks like we got no choice then,

i suppose thinking of it, i will keep the original cds as they were the first time i got that particuliar Beatles
album.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #290 on: September 05, 2009, 02:28:22 AM »

We can now report that as of last night, the official US Beatles store at beatles.com now shows, next to its listings for the box sets, that pre-ordered box sets will be shipped late, not on the originally promised date of 09/09/09.

The site now says that pre-orders for the Beatles Stereo Box set will ship at "the end of September," and the listing for the Beatles Mono Box even later, listed as shipping the "first week of October."

This is ridiculous, but thank you for the report.

At least my birthday is on September 25th, meaning I can order the stereo boxset soon and hopefully it will arrive near that date.....

nowhereman71

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #291 on: September 05, 2009, 08:16:03 AM »

As for the 1987 cds, I will be keeping them all.  I'm a collector and everything is part of the collection.  I guess this is where the less obsessive fans and the people like me, where everything is kept and preserved separate!  ;D

I think the delivery of the boxsets is becoming a farce.  I've ordered my boxsets from Amazon.co.uk and they are currently saying that they will be delivered no later than 15th September, as I selected free postage.  If this news from the US is true, we all ought to keep a check on what's happening with our orders.

• A Beginning
« Reply #292 on: September 06, 2009, 06:21:24 PM »

Got the Past Masters? We Can Work It Out has always been one of my favourite tracks.

Here's the Past Masters:

Edit. Please PM links. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:19:32 AM by BlueMeanie »

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #293 on: September 06, 2009, 08:04:53 PM »

Thanks for the links guys.

Nelson_Wilbury

• A Beginning
« Reply #294 on: September 06, 2009, 11:41:07 PM »

Here's the Past Masters:

Is this the "real" remasters? The "Thank you girl" version got some harmonica's pieces that there's not in the official release. I think that this maybe is another remaster (Dr Ebbets?)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:19:54 AM by BlueMeanie »
With our love we can save the world

• A Beginning
« Reply #295 on: September 07, 2009, 02:36:24 AM »

Is this the "real" remasters? The "Thank you girl" version got some harmonica's pieces that there's not in the official release. I think that this maybe is another remaster (Dr Ebbets?)

no, a lot of things come through that weren't heard on the original stereo CDs. it's real.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2009, 05:01:25 AM »

I have not formed a conclusive opinion yet, but so far, some tracks sound "loud" to me. I have only listened to some tracks, will wait for actual releases to form an absolute opinion.

They sound very clear and crisp though, that, I like.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2009, 05:16:11 AM »

I just listened to Day Tripper, it sounds like the dropout has been fixed.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Bobber

« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2009, 06:52:39 AM »

I just listened to Day Tripper, it sounds like the dropout has been fixed.

I listened to Got To Get You Into My Life in the car and it suprised me how tight it sounded. And tho I'm not a fan of the song, but I Want To Tell You even sounded like a decent Beatles song. ;D

BlueMeanie

« Reply #299 on: September 08, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »

I've edited out all the links above. Too risky to go posting those here, as already stated. Use PM or e-mail.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Page created in 0.925 seconds with 85 queries.