Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Why we love John  (Read 8382 times)

Wonderland

• Getting Better
  • I'm as crazy as you want me to be
Why we love John
« on: November 07, 2009, 10:42:58 PM »

There's one for George and there's one for Paul, why not one for John too? :) Just go ahead and say what you like about the man.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 10:44:32 PM by Wonderland »

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
Re: Why we love John
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 11:18:29 PM »

I was wondering when this would happen!  I don't know how to narrow down why I love John!!!!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 11:45:39 PM »

Well, ONE reason I love John is all he wanted was peace. And someone like that must be a beautiful person :)

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 12:56:33 AM »

His sense of humor and his adorable laugh!  ;D

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Wonderland

• Getting Better
  • I'm as crazy as you want me to be
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 12:06:44 PM »

I love how his personality wasn't 'fake' (as in totally airbrushed and redone), and what you saw in all his interviews and in his songs was him, not anything else. :) I love his sense of humour, he could probably most people cry laughing.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 08:27:35 PM »

Well, actually, there is a thread about John called Missing John, so we didn`t leave it all out. By no means!

"If art were to redeem man, it could do so only by saving him from the seriousness of life, and restoring him to an unexpected boyishness." - John.
John`s boyishness. In our memory. I love John for his boyishness, for his spontaneity. And not only for that!  ;)

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 01:09:05 AM »

Well, ONE reason I love John is all he wanted was peace.
i'm not too sure about that, i mean he tried to impress yoko alot, since she interested him
yoko was all about peace :-X

George does not approve.

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 01:10:40 AM »

i love his sense of humor, and he didn't hold back.
he had great creativity in his song writing :)
the artists today are really boring!

George does not approve.

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 01:56:10 AM »

Oh, my. Where to begin? Not to be mean, but he was just such a weirdo! Certainly one of a kind.  I love his voice... His creative talent. And I'm gonna be blunt and say that he was one sexy guy. :-[
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 05:13:37 AM »

And I'm gonna be blunt and say that he was one sexy guy. :-[

;yes

nimrod

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 10:50:23 AM »

I first saw John in 1964 on TV in the UK, I was 12

I was just mesmerized by him them and have always been, he just has that x factor for me, cant really describe it...............he's the greatest singer & songwriter of all time IMO

His voice on the early hits like Hard Days Night, 8 Days a Week, Money, Help etc etc was so powerful, like when he sings c'mon, c'mon...c'mon in the chorus of Please Please Me he just sounds better than anybody IMO.

and yet he can do a wonderful tender voice as well, like on Julia or Girl

He's the Greatest.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »

i love his sense of humor, and he didn't hold back.
he had great creativity in his song writing :)
the artists today are really boring!

I agree! John was never boring! Or else he would have got bored with himself, which he couldn`t afford.
His songs are so unusual and very-very different as if he got bored with the one he had just written and was up to writing something different, something new. Kind of not to get bored! (that is how I view this adjective-participle as related to John!)  :)

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 11:30:01 PM »

i'm not too sure about that, i mean he tried to impress yoko alot, since she interested him
yoko was all about peace :-X

Thats very true. But to me someone couldn't write Imagine if they didn't believe it themselves. But thats only my opinion.

I was also watching Paul in an interview and he says that he introuduced John to the issue of the war, and John got caught up in it from him.

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 01:04:33 AM »

Thats very true. But to me someone couldn't write Imagine if they didn't believe it themselves. But thats only my opinion.

I was also watching Paul in an interview and he says that he introuduced John to the issue of the war, and John got caught up in it from him.
oh, i guess he was influenced in many ways :)

George does not approve.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 08:59:49 PM »

I love John for his amazing, sensitive, moving voice. Absolutely incomparable.   ;yes

POMPON!

• One And One Is Two
  • i'd rather live in the past.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 02:40:42 PM »

lol I just handed in school assignment about a person I love (most ppl chose their parents but i chose JOHN :))

Anyway it's always hard to describe what or why i love him cuz there're so many things and i could just go on and on, losing control lol BUT well to go for it shortly I would say I love him for what he is and how every pieces of his work represent himself.He is just too cool and most important HE'S HOT :) I just don't care how ppl think I'm weird having tons of his photo in my phone and keep staring at them then smile..(:  pls tell me i'm not the only one

lol
     JOHN LENNONPAUL McCARTNEYGEORGE HARRISONRINGO STARR
only four.no more.only four.no more.only four.no more.only four.no more.only four

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 09:21:23 AM »

Hi Pompon  :)
Don't worry, you're not alone !! I also have tons of pictures of John on my IPhone and also many, many books about him  ;D. I think it's great that John is still popular to young people  ;yes
Big hello from
Snoopy

POMPON!

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 03:15:54 PM »

BIG HELLO TO U TOO  :D

Anyway I think I know why the whole obsessed-with-having-tons-of-John's photo problem start..
its must be the iPhone's fault! because I just can't take my hand off the phone!! i keep logging in to this site and just devouring John's gorgeous photo lol
(and another weird thing..I actually start liking or I should say knowing the Beatles from iPhone's Beatles theme!! my friends were all like 'woowww you must be so stressed out about the studying thing that you gone insane!!'
I am not blaming em though cuz it IS weird for turnig 18 girl to just start liking them in 2008 and especially when you are an Asian..lol

Oh goshh I talked too muchhh lol
so i'm going to stop now :)

AND NICE TO KNOW YOU AGAIN :) :)
only four.no more.only four.no more.only four.no more.only four.no more.only four

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 08:32:58 PM »

Hi from Switzerland  :D
Yeah; I do enjoy looking at my John's pictures too, it's sooo cool  8). By the way, how many pictures do you have of him on your IPhone ? I have so far 240 !! Well, you're never too young (or too old) to start knowing the Beatles, do you ? I started the other way round; I first learnt a lot about the Beatles, before becoming even more fanatic about John, although he was my favourite right from the beginning.... for over 25 years  :-[. Sometimes I think I should be too old for this, but I can't help... only my very close friends and family-members know that, as I'm bit ashamed to be so fanatic.
Kindest regards from
Snoopy  ;)

POMPON!

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »

lol then you must think I'm crazy bcuz I have 1578 pictures of the beatles in my iPhone (which kinda slow my phone down since it's just 8GB) but I'm not so sure how many JOHN but most beatles pictures I have are him so..lol (I try to delete some of them but could never do that!! too cruel!! lol

and WOWW you are in SWITZERLAND!?? that is like my most favorite country!! :):) I had been there when I was about seven and I was extremely impressed!! :) goshh I'm jealoussss

Anyway nobody's too old to like the beatles :) they are the legend!! and i'm so certain I gonna keep liking them as long as I can because you know the beatles help improving my English too so this is twice good :):)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.646 seconds with 87 queries.