Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 'some strange things said'?  (Read 7496 times)

'some strange things said'?
« on: January 05, 2007, 01:35:55 PM »

I found this on another forum, about John's last recording session the night he was killed, whilst working on 'walking on thin ice'..it's an interview with Jack Douglas, John & Y's producer, and he says everything was recorded and that there were some 'strange things' said, and that immediatley when he heard of Johns death he went and erased it..this is pretty weird, being the night he died and all that, so is there something we don't know?

here is what i got from the other forum, it's got a bit of his interview with it:

A few years ago, there was some show about John Lennon's Last Days, a True Hollywood Story I think, and there was an interview with Jack Douglas. He said something like, John had been acting a little strange while in the studio (and everything he said was being recorded). Anyway, when Jack heard about John's murder, he went back and wiped the tapes, and has never since talked about what happened in the studio that night. Anyone else heard about this, or is it not even true (it's been a few years since I saw the show)?
This from a Goldmine interview with Jack Douglas:

Jack Douglas: There's audio of everything, every breath that existed from day one to the last day.

Goldmine: Ono has it?
JD: No, the [tape of the] last day got tossed. I tossed the last day. Doesn't exist.

GM: What happened during the "Walking On Thin Ice" session, the night Lennon was killed?
JD: It was the end of "Walking On Thin Ice." It was the last day of mixing, but there were things, there were some strange things said in the control room.

GM: Like what?
JD: I don't want to talk about it. I erased the tape.

GM: Things said by Lennon?
JD: Yeah. So I erased that tape because it was a real painful tape.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyone know anything else of this?

Bobber

Re: 'some strange things said'?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »

Thanks bob :P

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 01:51:44 PM »

i wanna know what he said i wanna know what he said!

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »

There's only two people knowing that, and one of them is dead.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 04:00:23 PM »

Maybe John just said some nasty things about someone (Yoko, Paul, whoever) and mr. Douglas didn't want that to be John's famous last words or something. Cause if it had something to do with John getting killed, I see no reason why he should've kept it a secret.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 04:01:57 PM »

Quote from: 56
Maybe John just said some nasty things about someone (Yoko, Paul, whoever) and mr. Douglas didn't want that to be John's famous last words or something. Cause if it had something to do with John getting killed, I see no reason why he should've kept it a secret.

yeah your proberly right there, although saying something he didn't like about someone wouldn't generally be considered 'strange'...yoko proberly knows...does anyone know what happened to the 'walking in thin ice' session tape john was supposedly holding when he was shot?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 06:31:30 PM »

Quote from: 197
although saying something he didn't like about someone wouldn't generally be considered 'strange'...

It would be if it would've been something you wouldn't expect John to say.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 06:50:30 PM »

Quote from: 56

It would be if it would've been something you wouldn't expect John to say.

Yes, but you would expect John to say something bad about Faul?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 07:57:54 PM »

I wonder why Jack Douglas has waited so long to speak about something that he has no evidence of. And still say nothing? :-/

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 08:03:31 PM »

I agree, i think i'm gonna start a petition to get jack to reveal all.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 08:25:48 PM »

I'd second it  8) ...

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 08:35:10 PM »

Wooooh, 2 people, lol.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 08:39:48 PM »

Wooooh, 2 people, lol.

That's more than one 8) ... I've always been good at Maths!  ;D

BlueMeanie

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 10:00:06 PM »

He probably has nothing to reveal.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 07:35:40 PM »

I found this on another forum, about John's last recording session the night he was killed, whilst working on 'walking on thin ice'..[...]

Could this recording be from that last night?
John and Yoko working on Walking On Thin Ice:
http://rapidshare.com/files/11710249/Walkin__On_Thin_Ice__Lennon-Ono_-_last_night_.mp3.html

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 08:52:13 PM »

Quote from: 297

Could this recording be from that last night?
John and Yoko working on Walking On Thin Ice:
http://rapidshare.com/files/11710249/Walkin__On_Thin_Ice__Lennon-Ono_-_last_night_.mp3.html

Ohhh great find Raxo, where did you get that?

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 09:25:44 PM »

Ohhh great find Raxo, where did you get that?
Sincerily I can't remember  :-/  ... I've been searching for another song among my old files and I found out this one  :)  ... I had it labeled as the "last night" but I can't as-sure it's so ...

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 09:41:54 PM »

It most proberly was.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 09:48:10 PM »

As we know, it's said that they didn't shared the studio many times during those sessions ... and with this song they made an exception so  ??) ...

Quote from: juniorsfarm
I've been doing a Google search to try to find out the other 2 songs JL did with Cheap Trick, and came across an interview with 'Double Fantasy' Producer Jack Douglas, and I thought some of you would get a kick out of it. The part about Yoko made me laugh:

Lou: Let me take you a little back in time. When you were working with John Lennon, did Yoko Ono get much in the way?

Jack: She didn't get in the way and I'll tell you why. Because those two could not work at the same time. If she were there, it would have been impossible. It was just impossible. I had to treat that album as two separate albums. I know that they're both artists on the record, but I had to treat it as a John album and as a Yoko album. My routine was like this: 9:00AM, breakfast with John. Yoko from 11:00 and then John would go home. Yoko from 11 o'clock until about 6:30PM. And then she would go home. John would come in at 7:00 and would work until about one or two in the morning. I never worked with both of them at the same time. It was impossible. Because she drove John crazy.

Scott: Well, speaking as a married man, I couldn't work with my wife either.

Jack: Well, yeah. Just imagine it. I have to tell you, back in the early, early 70s, I was working on "Imagine" - I was an engineer at that time. And John asked me to work with him on Yoko's stuff. And so, John was producing, I was engineering, we were doing Yoko records and on the second day of that album, John got busted for laughing. He had to leave, he was banned from the studio. And that was that. And that kinda like set the tone of how it was going to be like. The only time we worked together was when were doing a song called "Walking on Thin Ice" because John and I were playing the instruments and Yoko was singing.

from here: http://dmbeatles.com/forums/b-lennon/m-1128994245/

Page created in 0.448 seconds with 71 queries.