Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: Just Silly!  (Read 91732 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Just Silly!
« Reply #420 on: April 11, 2014, 12:24:43 PM »

Maybe a little exercise this morning?!
http://youtu.be/vdX_OBUeHb4
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #421 on: April 11, 2014, 04:59:10 PM »

Maybe a little exercise this morning?!

I didn't know whether to laugh uproariously at this or swear off exercise for good! Fortunately it's just a parody. LOL

"Mariko Takahashi's Fitness Video for Being Appraised as an "Ex-fat Girl" (often referred to as Doggy Fitness or Poodle Fitness) is a short film by renowned art director and commercial film director Nagi Noda who created spots for Nike and Coca-Cola and starring Mariko Takahashi, a California born model. The film was created for Panasonic's Ten Short Movies – Capture the Motion series for the 2004 Summer Olympics. The film is a word-for-word parody of Susan Powter's first workout video except the video's instructor is dressed in a body suit giving her the appearance of having muscles shaped like the fur of a groomed poodle dog. Also, exercising with her in the video are six actors dressed in dog costumes, with actual live dogs' heads superimposed over their real heads. Nagi Noda, in her artist's statement, explained that she arrived at the poodle concept after noticing that the dogs' hair cuts resembled muscles. She believed that this concept would help her video appeal to people of all ages.

The video circulated throughout the Internet since it was posted on the Panasonic website along with the other nine short films in 2004. Possibly contributing to its popularity, Noda never explains in the video why people in the video are wearing dog costumes, leaving viewers to speculate. Many early viewers had speculated that it was somehow related to furry fandom, though it seems more likely that this is meant to be purely surreal for its own sake."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariko_Takahashi%27s_Fitness_Video_for_Being_Appraised_as_an_%22Ex-fat_Girl%22

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #422 on: April 11, 2014, 05:10:56 PM »

I didn't know whether to laugh uproariously at this or swear off exercise for good! Fortunately it's just a parody. LOL

"Mariko Takahashi's Fitness Video for Being Appraised as an "Ex-fat Girl" (often referred to as Doggy Fitness or Poodle Fitness) is a short film by renowned art director and commercial film director Nagi Noda who created spots for Nike and Coca-Cola and starring Mariko Takahashi, a California born model. The film was created for Panasonic's Ten Short Movies – Capture the Motion series for the 2004 Summer Olympics. The film is a word-for-word parody of Susan Powter's first workout video except the video's instructor is dressed in a body suit giving her the appearance of having muscles shaped like the fur of a groomed poodle dog. Also, exercising with her in the video are six actors dressed in dog costumes, with actual live dogs' heads superimposed over their real heads. Nagi Noda, in her artist's statement, explained that she arrived at the poodle concept after noticing that the dogs' hair cuts resembled muscles. She believed that this concept would help her video appeal to people of all ages.

The video circulated throughout the Internet since it was posted on the Panasonic website along with the other nine short films in 2004. Possibly contributing to its popularity, Noda never explains in the video why people in the video are wearing dog costumes, leaving viewers to speculate. Many early viewers had speculated that it was somehow related to furry fandom, though it seems more likely that this is meant to be purely surreal for its own sake."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariko_Takahashi%27s_Fitness_Video_for_Being_Appraised_as_an_%22Ex-fat_Girl%22
Sounds good to me!
Did you know poodles were originally German sporting dogs? Their fur exhausted them and dragged them down so the hunters started trimming off the excessive  fur leaving only the fur around the joints for warmth and on the tip of the tail so they could see them while retrieving! And then...
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #423 on: April 11, 2014, 11:10:42 PM »

Did you know poodles were originally German sporting dogs? Their fur exhausted them and dragged them down so the hunters started trimming off the excessive  fur leaving only the fur around the joints for warmth and on the tip of the tail so they could see them while retrieving! And then...

Yes, those standard poodles are a lot tougher than most people give them credit for. They've also been used as guide dogs although the one I knew that was a candidate didn't make it. She was very quirky and wouldn't eat unless she was hand fed. But boy could Sassy swim. She put even our Labs to shame!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #424 on: April 19, 2014, 12:50:28 AM »

Was just reading the Parents Advisory for the movie Oculus, and under the "Alcohol and Drugs" section was this sentence:

A woman drinks two large servings of wine with the bottle on the dining room table as she feeds her two children toast for dinner.

Sounds like my life of late.  ha2ha  Kidding!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #425 on: April 19, 2014, 11:42:28 PM »

Was just reading the Parents Advisory for the movie Oculus, and under the "Alcohol and Drugs" section was this sentence:

A woman drinks two large servings of wine with the bottle on the dining room table as she feeds her two children toast for dinner.

Sounds like my life of late.  ha2ha  Kidding!
Put some tomato sauce and cheese on it and call it pizza!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #426 on: April 20, 2014, 12:31:47 AM »

That's better than what they've been getting for dinner around here lately! But of course, everyone here is old enough to make their own food. LOL

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #427 on: April 30, 2014, 08:55:56 AM »

???

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #428 on: May 13, 2014, 01:46:58 AM »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #429 on: May 13, 2014, 01:53:52 AM »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #430 on: May 13, 2014, 01:59:25 AM »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #431 on: May 20, 2014, 02:48:30 PM »

Finally, low technology triumphs! My younger daughter and her friend had to make some dish for their Spanish class, and one of the ingredients was some potatoes. I came out to the kitchen at one point, and they are both clumsily -- and slowly -- trying to peel the potatoes with paring knives. I was like, "Sheesh, just use a vegetable peeler!" and got a potato peeled in about 15 seconds. They were doubled over with laughter. These are kids who can figure out a smartphone in literally a minute while I am still muddling around tapping icons and getting annoyed.

The whole situation was so ironic, I am still laughing about it.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #432 on: May 20, 2014, 09:38:39 PM »

My daughter Elizabeth did that in school and I had to buy saffron for the recipe she chose and it ended up costing me like eleventy seven thousand dollars to just make a small Mexican dish. I still have the remainder almost 20 years later. I was silently ripped as I got this regular spice bottle at the store and when I opened it , it was in a little folded white paper packet that had just a smudge of spice in it!  >:(  !!!

However , her dish was a big success so it was worth it! ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:50:15 PM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #433 on: May 20, 2014, 11:53:12 PM »

My daughter Elizabeth did that in school and I had to buy saffron for the recipe she chose and it ended up costing me like eleventy seven thousand dollars

ha2ha That's the kind of thing Kelsie was always getting me into. Saffron is one spice I don't have in my kitchen though!

nimrod

« Reply #434 on: May 21, 2014, 12:49:32 AM »

Love the pics Todd  ha2ha

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2014, 02:59:01 AM »

Saffron is one spice I don't have in my kitchen though!

I'm just mad about saffron...

Donovan - Mellow Yellow

Electrical banana is bound to be the very next phase.

;)
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2014, 03:49:03 AM »

^^^
I had a feeling you might say that!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2014, 03:51:57 AM »

^

Quite rightly.
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #438 on: May 21, 2014, 03:58:06 AM »

:)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #439 on: May 21, 2014, 10:22:02 AM »

Me too. If you run across a good Electric Banana recipe, let me know!
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Page created in 0.643 seconds with 81 queries.