Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tennessee  (Read 1027 times)

Bighead

• One And One Is Two
Tennessee
« on: October 12, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »

Has any one heard a demo of the song.  I heard it today and I think if he would have had the time this song would have been one of his best.  Too bad he never got the chance to revisit this gem.  As it is, it is beautiful in its unfinished form.  As soon as I heard it I figured out the chords; first on guitar, then on piano.  It is one of those songs that is a pleasure to play and sing.  The melody is simple but full of emotion, IMO.  The chords are pretty simple too, adding to the pleasure of playing the song.

It reminds me, and makes me sad at the same time, of the bonus song Help Me to Help Myself.  Another one that I think had potential. 

Not as hits, mind you.  I don't think either of these songs would have burned up the charts, but I think they would have been hidden gemsin an album somewhere. Songs you could listen to over and over.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
Re: Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 08:35:20 AM »

Hi  :)

Yes, I heard that song recently on youtube. It's too bad that it's in an unfinished form, but I like the melody too  :D. There are a couple of similar songs of John which are rare but worth listen to it and I really don't care if they could have been great hits on the charts. It's just nice to discover such raw material of John after so many years  8).

Snoopy

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 36 queries.