Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: package tours book  (Read 1886 times)

The Swine

• Getting Better
package tours book
« on: July 16, 2007, 10:17:57 AM »

this looks pretty interesting

www.martincreasy.co.uk

Legends On Tour - The Pop Package Tours Of The 1960s - is to be launched by Tempus Publications of Stroud this month (July 2007).
The book follows some of the biggest names in the 1960s pop scene on their UK tours of cinemas and town halls in the days before the big world tours.
Among the stars featured are Jimi Hendrix, The Small Faces, The Walker Brothers, Cat Stevens, The Kinks, The Yardbirds, Roy Orbison, Del Shannon, Gene Pitney, Engelbert Humperdinck, Helen Shapiro, Paul Jones and many more.
The book follows the tours up and down the country with 21 stars recalling the highs and lows, dramas, pranks, camaraderie and general mayhem of those tough days on the road. There are more than 200 pictures, most of which have never been published before.
There is a special section on The Beatles, with memories from Helen Shapiro who topped the bill on their very first UK tour.
Check Amazon sites for details, or google in "Legends On Tour" and "Martin Creasy" to read previews on the net.
ISBN number: 978-0752442754

THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: package tours book
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 09:28:53 PM »

I read an interview according to this book. The author interviewed Helen Shapiro, who was on the Beatles tour in 1963 (or they were on hers). Roy Orbison was on that tour as well I think. Helen mentioned a few times that she had a huge crush for John Lennon.

Re: package tours book
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 11:00:03 AM »

Another fantastic book you should read is Frank Allen's "Travelling Man" which is his account of being on the road with The Searchers and he has an amazing writing style and is so witty, frank and down to earth and even if you weren't a Searchers fan you'd like his descriptions of people and places and the book is full of anecdotes.

The Searchers just so happen to be my favourite group and I've been seeing them through the 60s, 70, 80s, 90s and 00s and they are just as slick as ever!  8)

See some reviews here:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Travelling-Man-Searchers-Frank-Allen/dp/customer-reviews/1899750290/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&showViewpoints=1&customer-reviews.start=1&qid=1195470642&sr=8-1#customerReviews

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 40 queries.