Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Choose Love  (Read 2603 times)

Choose Love
« on: September 09, 2005, 06:38:03 AM »

According to the latest issue of Beatlefan magazine, Ringo's latest moved less than 10,000 units in its first 4 weeks. I feel bad for him. I'll grant you that he's not the greatest recording artist out there, but he does try, and that's gotta be a rotten feeling to have it be so poorly received.

Bobber

Re: Choose Love
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 07:25:32 AM »

Yeah, he's trying hard. But maybe he should realise that recording is not his thing. He's doing alright with his band and having fun with that. Perhaps he should stick to that.

Love your signature by the way.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 03:46:39 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
Yeah, he's trying hard. But maybe he should realise that recording is not his thing. He's doing alright with his band and having fun with that. Perhaps he should stick to that.

Love your signature by the way.

Or maybe do what Todd Rundgren and Cheap Trick have done in the past and just present it via the web. Glad you like the signature. 'Like a severely retarded child being tortured' as a Rolling Stone reviewer aptly put it.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 11:31:11 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm

'Like a severely retarded child being tortured' as a Rolling Stone reviewer aptly put it.

LOL!!! One of the very few things that Rolling Stone printed that I actually agree with.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 02:09:54 AM »

Quote from: tkitna

LOL!!! One of the very few things that Rolling Stone printed that I actually agree with.

That's a direct quote from a review of 'Life With the Lions', re: 'Cambridge '69'. Who could listen to that whole second side? Yinks! I have a copy of that album-its a beautiful virgin vinyl Japanese import. What a waste of vinyl, but it had to be in the collection.

Wayne L.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 01:10:03 AM »

Ringo's latest album Choose Love should have been number one or the top 5 in a perfect world along with Chaos & Creation In The Backyard by Paul & A Bigger Bang by the Stones but it's CRAZY these days on the charts for real artists who can actually play & perform.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 01:33:58 AM »

Wayne L.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 11:41:40 AM »

Ringo peaked as a solo artist with his greatest hits compilation album Blast From The Past, but he has made some great albums since the 90's even though they weren't huge sellers.  

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 46 queries.