Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Jonh lennons solo music or paul mccartneys solo mu  (Read 8397 times)

Re: Jonh lennons solo music or paul mccartneys solo mu
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2004, 06:24:47 PM »

wow....i couldn't say........

I think probabaly Paul's. I love Wings. But i have to give SOME credit to John, because he's the reason i got hooked on the Beatles in the first place.....

It changes from day to day, depends how i feel i suppose, but i voted for Paul.

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2004, 06:51:46 AM »

Why was George not an option?

I personally, will take most of George's albums over almost any Paul or John album. 

John's lyrics were great with his solo stuff, but his songwriting, with the exception of a few songs was honestly mediocre.  I'm sorry, I just can't listen to most of his songs.  (Dont start throwing out names of songs now...I know he has good ones, but as a whole, I dont think much of his solo career.)  And his blues stuff really did NOT work out well.  There are so many people that do it better.

Paul - ok, he's the most inconsistent SOB out there.  He'll put out a great album and then his next one will be garbage.  Rinse and repeat.  Tug of War, Band on the Run, Ram were all really good albums.  But then listen to Back To The Egg, Wild Life, Pipes of Peace, McCartney II...in fact, a good 80% of his Wings songs were below average.

George - I admit he's had his bad moments as well - Gone Troppo, 33&1/3, Somewhere in England.  But look at All Things Must Pass, Cloud 9, Living in the Material World, Brainwashed (if you havent heard it, buy it.  Its better than anything Paul has put out in the last one or two decades)....I really dont understand why people dont give him the light of day. I honestly believe All Things Must Pass is better than any solo album Lennon or McCartney have ever put out.  Everyone was shocked at George's songwriting when ATMP came out because he basically came out of nowhere - hence the whole Dark Horse thing.  But still, all you hear is Lennon/McCartney.  Even during the Beatles years, I believe George wrote some of their best songs.  Something, While My Guitar..., and Here Comes the Sun are in my top ten Beatles songs; pretty good considering George hardly had the chance to put his songs on albums and how much of a bigger catalog John/Paul had.

Sorry for the rant.  I just can't believe how ignored George is.  I can understand how some people prefer Lennon's solo career to his, but Paul?  Come on...that man is 75% hype.  The level of his songwriting varies so greatly, its ridiculous. 

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2004, 08:56:53 AM »

ringo is also missing....:-/
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 33 queries.