Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Reminiscences  (Read 1255 times)

epstewart

Beatles Reminiscences
« on: September 23, 2011, 12:52:06 AM »

In the summer of 1969, I was taking an evening course at Georgetown University. One day it let out while the late rays of the sun were turning the red brick walls of the classroom building to flame. It was hot, and windows were open wide in an adjoining dormitory. Someone had a record player cranked high, and the welcome sound of 'Good Day Sunshine' accompanied me all the way to my car.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Beatles Reminiscences
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 01:28:36 AM »

Eric, isn't it amazing how we can remember such incidents especially when accompanied by a Beatles soundtrack?  I have a similar memory of a girl I met on my college campus mall that same year in the early fall.  Hearing "Got To Get You Into My Life" playing on my car radio a half hour earlier gave me the impetus to go over to her and say hello.

Welcome to the Forum, Eric!

Barry
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 01:31:07 AM »

THE BEATLES Remasters! /// 8. Good Day Sunshine - (REVOLVER) - (MONO Remastered 2009)

THE BEATLES Remasters! /// 13. Got To Get You Into My Life - (REVOLVER) - (MONO Remastered 2009)

;)
I can stay till it's time to go

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »

Are you THE Eric Stewart?
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

KelMar

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 04:10:10 AM »

The first New Year's Eve after my brother passed away I was dreading midnight because he always used to call me shortly after if we weren't celebrating together. So I'm sitting there at a party and at midnight I'm thinking, "Happy New Year Kevin" and right after that the Abbey Road medley began to play over XM Radio. It was such a strange coincidence because he loved the Beatles too.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 04:17:19 AM »

In the late 1970's, we used to cruise around the mall parking lot at all hours of the night. One night, every car in the parking lot tuned in their radio to the song "Hey Jude." All of us were singing the chorus over and over again till the song ended. That was so cool!

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 49 queries.