A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Classic 60's songs: White Rabbit  (Read 2693 times)

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • That Means a Lot
Re: Classic 60's songs: White Rabbit
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2017, 08:41:54 PM »

And I respect that. But I'd also like to know your opinion, not specifically on such donors, but on the wealth distribution in the world. That's the original point I was trying to make.

I try not to get involved in online debates. It can be difficult enough communicating true intent without visual cues, even when a topic is benign. That's why I limited my involvement here to an expression of gratitude for what Barry and others in his position have done. But if you really want my opinion, I will share it. You might not like it, though.
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2017, 08:57:42 PM »

I try not to get involved in online debates. It can be difficult enough communicating true intent without visual cues, even when a topic is benign. That's why I limited my involvement here to an expression of gratitude for what Barry and others in his position have done. But if you really want my opinion, I will share it. You might not like it, though.

I also admire what Barry has done. If fact, I think people who put their time and body on such causes are much more admirable than people who just give money, even though money is also needed. But I want to make it clear that I'm not against those donations, I was referring to a completely different theme.

I'd like to know your opinion whether I agree with you or not. In fact, I tend to learn from different opinions than mine. But if you don't feel comfortable doing that, I don't want you to feel forced.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:20:26 AM by Hombre_de_ningun_lugar »
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • That Means a Lot
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2017, 01:46:31 AM »

I'd like to know your opinion whether I agree with you or not. In fact, I tend to learn from different opinions than mine. But if you don't feel comfortable doing that, I don't want you to feel forced.

I'd rather stay out of this particular discussion except to say that very few, if any, issues are black and white.
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2017, 03:35:08 AM »

I'd rather stay out of this particular discussion except to say that very few, if any, issues are black and white.

I respect your decision. And I don't think this issue is black and white either. I just think there are two bad and unfair extremes: savage capitalism and communism. In the former system freedom is privileged over equality; and the opposite happens in the latter system. I'd like a moderate capitalism where anyone can progress with his/her own effort but without trespassing an absurd limit. And I don't believe in giving the same to everyone, but I do believe in promoting the equality of opportunities, or at least reducing the disadvantages that many people suffer due to their unfortunate origin. A starting point would be considering that education and health are rights and not privileges.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.523 seconds with 21 queries.