A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Author Topic: Sgt . Pepper 's Volume 2  (Read 1269 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Guest
Sgt . Pepper 's Volume 2
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:25:20 PM »

Was wondering if anyone could come up with a Sgt. Pepper Volume 2 , here's my attempt , this is just for fun and can include solo works as well as Beatles numbers and should be 13 songs long  . :)

1/Sgt.Peppers Lonley Hearts Club Band, Paul McCartney and U2
2/The Greatest , Ringo Starr
3/When We Was Fab , George Harrison
4/Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey , Paul and Linda McCartney
5/# 9 Dream ,John Lennon
6/Nobody Told Me ,John Lennon
7/Mr Bellamy ,Paul McCartney
8/Cracker Box Palace ,George Harrison
9/ Back Off Boogaloo ,Ringo Starr
10/ That Day Is Done ,Paul McCartney
11/Crippled Inside ,John Lennon
12 /Don't let Me Down ,The Beatles
13/ Strawberry Fields Forever ,The Beatles .

DaveRam  :)
Logged

Klang

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2027
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: Sgt . Pepper 's Volume 2
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 11:29:03 PM »


Heh. I kind of think of 'MMT' as 'Pepper II'. Couldn't think of any better tracks for it.

 :P

Logged
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

wingsman

  • Getting Better
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 872
  • There is always a reason to live
Re: Sgt . Pepper 's Volume 2
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 11:31:30 PM »

OK, Dave. I assume your going crazy!  ;D
Hehe! What's that? It doesn't make any sense. For example, how can you listen to Nobody Told Me and then Mr Bellamy, jumping 27 years after. It's kind of crazy don't you think?
Anyway, man. Great collection of songs, but I don't feel too much connection between all of them.
Logged
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

  • Guest
Re: Sgt . Pepper 's Volume 2
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 08:16:45 AM »

Quote from: 713
OK, Dave. I assume your going crazy!  ;D
Hehe! What's that? It doesn't make any sense. For example, how can you listen to Nobody Told Me and then Mr Bellamy, jumping 27 years after. It's kind of crazy don't you think?
Anyway, man. Great collection of songs, but I don't feel too much connection between all of them.

LOL yes ive gone crazy , one of the great things about Pepper is it is a very crazy album if you think about it ?
So volume 2  should be equally crazy i thought .
I think Nobody Told Me and Mr Bellamy are great mad songs from John and Paul both seem to be unhindged, play them back to back Wingsman feel there madness  ;D

DaveRam :)

Logged

  • Guest
Re: Sgt . Pepper 's Volume 2
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 12:07:47 AM »

Quote from: 679
Was wondering if anyone could come up with a Sgt. Pepper Volume 2 , here's my attempt , this is just for fun and can include solo works as well as Beatles numbers and should be 13 songs long  . :)

1/Sgt.Peppers Lonley Hearts Club Band, Paul McCartney and U2
2/The Greatest , Ringo Starr
3/When We Was Fab , George Harrison
4/Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey , Paul and Linda McCartney
5/# 9 Dream ,John Lennon
6/Nobody Told Me ,John Lennon
7/Mr Bellamy ,Paul McCartney
8/Cracker Box Palace ,George Harrison
9/ Back Off Boogaloo ,Ringo Starr
10/ That Day Is Done ,Paul McCartney
11/Crippled Inside ,John Lennon
12 /Don't let Me Down ,The Beatles
13/ Strawberry Fields Forever ,The Beatles .

DaveRam  :)

uh...no offence, but these songs have NO  "psychedelic" sgt-pepper -era theme as a collection. It might work as some truly ecclectic Beatles/solo Beatle compilation, but "Pepper 2" ???...sorry, no sale.
Logged

  • Guest
Re: Sgt . Pepper 's Volume 2
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 04:48:35 AM »

Quote from: 829

uh...no offence, but these songs have NO  "psychedelic" sgt-pepper -era theme as a collection. It might work as some truly ecclectic Beatles/solo Beatle compilation, but "Pepper 2" ???...sorry, no sale.

That kind of album as already been done with the original Pepper , the theme here is one of reflection i tried to pick songs that an older Pepper might write looking back on his life.
And sorry this ones not for sale , you will have to come up with your own , which if it's good i might buy.  :)
I did say it's just for fun to come up with a Pepper 2 ;)

DaveRam :)
Logged

wingsman

  • Getting Better
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 872
  • There is always a reason to live
Re: Sgt . Pepper 's Volume 2
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 02:32:01 PM »

Quote from: 679

I did say it's just for fun to come up with a Pepper 2 ;)

DaveRam :)

OK. If it's just for fun, OK!  :P  ;D
Because if this Crappy Pepper 2 it's commercially released it's not going to reach #1 in the UK and spent 200 weeks inside the charts. No. It's going to reach #200 and spent just 1 week, or maybe even less hehe.

Just kidding..
But it's a good idea to have a Pepper 2, if it's just for fun, Dave. :)
Logged
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.
 

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 26 queries.