Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dance Tonight  (Read 6126 times)

Dance Tonight
« on: June 24, 2007, 07:18:50 PM »

I just love this song, in a way it kind of reminds me of something George Harrison would've written with the ukelele part in it! Great song, great album!

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
Re: Dance Tonight
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 08:52:08 PM »

My mum loves this one!! And I love it too. Great melody but very repetitive lyrics. It's still good. The track entered the UK charts at #34 today, only with downloads!!
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 09:55:27 PM »

Quote from: 749
I just love this song, in a way it kind of reminds me of something George Harrison would've written with the ukelele part in it! Great song, great album!

Yeah, i think the same,, bit like Any Road or Devil & Deep Blue Sea (even though he didn't write that
one) but still George loved all that simple kinda thing. People critisize Macca for writing pretty simple
things like Dance Tonight but how simple could George get on Ding Dong, Ding Dong or John Lennon
on 'Love'. simple chords & lyrics.
Dance Tonight is so damn catchy!!, i keep singing it to myself & now i'm trying to play it
on my Ukelele! ;D i think George would have loved Dance Tonight. That's the genius of Macca,
he always uses little twist's in his music (if you listen carefully!) ;)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Wayne L.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 04:17:41 PM »

It's a great feel good song from Paul, the ukelele makes it unique & the video is cool as well

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 03:14:25 AM »

But guys it's not an ukelele! It's a mandolin!  :P

(remember the video...?)  8)
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 03:26:15 AM »

The song sucks period.

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 07:16:42 AM »

Yeah, I thought from the day this was released as a single that it was the worst possible choice Paul could make. In this way, people will still remember him as the guy from Mull Of Kintyre and We All Stand Together. Dance Tonight is a fine next song in that line. I presumed that Paul was eager to let the big audience hear something more adventurous, certainly as a single with a lot of airplay. Dance Tonight is the 2007 version of All Together Now.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 08:26:50 AM »

Quote from: 63
Yeah, I thought from the day this was released as a single that I was the worst possible choice Paul could make. In this way, people will still remember him as the guy from Mull Of Kintyre and We All Stand Together. Dance Tonight is a fine next song in that line. I presumed that Paul was eager to let the big audience something more adventurous, certainly as a single with a lot of airplay. Dance Tonight is the 2007 version of All Together Now.

A girl in my office, who is late 20's Afro-Caribean, into r&b and urban, heard Dance Tonight on the ad and asked me if the song was on the album (duh!) It had sparked an interest in her. At the end of the day melody sells, and he's got me whistling the bloody thing.
don't follow leaders

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 11:10:59 AM »

Quote from: 185
[...]At the end of the day melody sells, and he's got me whistling the bloody thing.
That's it!  :) ... and it's an uptempo song some people could dance to ... night! ;D

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 02:04:08 PM »

Quote from: 297
That's it!  :) ... and it's an uptempo song some people could dance to ... night! ;D

Heheheh yes it is funny and like Kevin said 'he's got me whistling the bloody thing'. I cannot see a better first single but the next one has to be Only mama knows.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

maninthequeue

• A Beginning
  • the love you take is equal to the love you make
    • Buzzjack.com
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 09:02:37 PM »

It is classic ammo for the music critics to attack Macca with.

It is so simple, with non existent lyrics, yet the tune / hook goes and sticks itself in your brain whether you like it or not.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 09:16:15 PM »

Quote from: 739
It is classic ammo for the music critics to attack Macca with.

I think he just dosen't care what critics think about his music now and hell, why should he.
Maybe he put it out to annoy them! ;D but i love it sooooo much! :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 11:28:53 PM »

I think he does care what the critics think or he wouldnt be out there pimping the album so heavily.

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 03:10:27 AM »

I think the song is good. When I first heard it it was terrible, if you read the lyrics you'll never understand how a song like this was released as a lead single. But Paul rarely make songs like this, so much simple. If you look Beatles catalogue, the most simple lyrics were by John, just read Yer Blues, All You Need Is Love... Paul was always more ambitious. That's because I like him more than any other Beatle.

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 03:26:38 AM »

Kinda catchy! :)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 10:40:23 AM »

Quote from: 373
I think he does care what the critics think or he wouldnt be out there pimping the album so heavily.
... because of the public and sales perhaps? Last one's sales were not as good but it'd got some nominations ... searching for a balance?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 10:51:39 AM »

Quote from: 297
... because of the public and sales perhaps? Last one's sales were not as good but it'd got some nominations ... searching for a balance?

He pimped 'Chaos' too with the TV specials and everything. Hell, I remember going to buy it at Coconuts and there was a cutout of Paul larger than life just as you walked in. I'm not getting your point here Raxo.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »

Quote from: 373
He pimped 'Chaos' too with the TV specials and everything. Hell, I remember going to buy it at Coconuts and there was a cutout of Paul larger than life just as you walked in. I'm not getting your point here Raxo.
I just think that he's pimping it because he want people to know it's out and to forget the news about the divorce ... and maybe he's trying to get good sales apart from nominations (CHAOS) ... so, maybe he's doing this more for the public that for the critics ... and to do this he has to go to the TV and radio stations, of course ... but the reasons could be diferent ... that's all ...

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 01:13:42 PM »

I still think Mccartney makes an album with his sights set on it being a complete commercial success and having a chart life.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 02:25:16 PM »

I agree with Tkitna when about Paul 'caring what the critics think' but obviously he wants to sell a lot too.I think that he said once that the public was the best critics but we know how a PR he can be.I am not sure what to think.Both?
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.842 seconds with 85 queries.