Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Author Gottfridsson Honored as 2013 Grammy Awards Nominee  (Read 4156 times)

stuartblogtumblr

• Bootleg Members
  • One And One Is Two
Author Gottfridsson Honored as 2013 Grammy Awards Nominee
« on: December 16, 2012, 05:45:45 PM »

Dr. Hans Olof Gottfridsson sent us this from Sweden: he’s honored to be a 2013 Grammy Awards nominee for his Beatles First Recordings album notes.

Dr. Gottfridsson is the author of several fascinating books about the 1960’s Hamburg music scene:
The Beatles From Cavern to Star-Club, Beatles Bop – Hamburg Days, British Beat in Hamburg, The Beatles With Tony Sheridan.  Currently working on Echoes of Hamburg 

Bobber

Re: Author Gottfridsson Honored as 2013 Grammy Awards Nominee
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:05:51 PM »

Remarkable, because he's proven wrong on some points.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »

I have read that as well---that his specifics are sometimes inaccurate.  You know, it's remarkable how diffused information gets, especially about events occurring so far back as Hamburg in the early sixties.  The memories of those who were there sometimes seem to fall victim to their own over-telling of the same story again and again; and then there's personal perspectives---not everybody saw the same event in the same way, you know?  As for Dr. Gottfridsson, I know him to be a very helpful correspondent---not one to evade questions, and honest when he doesn't know the answers.  It's cool to try to get the correct facts, dates and sequences of events; but even the Beatles themselves often screw this stuff up.  Thanks for the comment, Bobber...always happy to hear from you!

Of course, I understand that documentation was not very accurate in those days and it's hard to get to truth to the surface. Personally, I rely more on Eric Krasker to be honest.

And thank you for the comment as well and likewise.

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »

Eric is even a member in here. You will find more on his work in the books section.

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 07:44:50 AM »

I always find myself in distinguished company here at DM's.  I'll definitely check out the books section...hope Eric's are available to purchase, 'cuz I'm fresh out of Beatle-related tomes, and I don't think I'm going to tackle the Lennon Letters.  Once again, Bobber, my thanks.

I'm pretty sure Eric is willing to sell one of his books. ;)

Fact and Fiction 60-62

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 11:47:47 AM »

I'm pretty sure Eric is willing to sell one of his books. ;)

Hi, yes Bobber, copies of the book are still available here and there, and thank you very much for your continuing enthusiasm about the subject!  8)

If stuartblogtumblr wants to get one, he can directly order it to this address : http://www.beatlesfannext.com/Fact_And_Fiction_1960-1962.htm 

The book is also available in England (Beatles shop in Matthew Street, Liverpool, and Beatles shop in London (Baker Street), or at "St John's Wood Collectables", still in London, five minutes walk from the Abbey Road studios).

In Germany, the book is also available at Yeahbooks : http://www.yeahbooks.de/index.php?page=product&info=13160 

For the readers who absolutely wish to get it signed by myself, no problem, I can also send one copy from my own place, but please contact me first by personal message to know the details.

Thank you very much.

Merry Christmas to you all,

Eric  :)
Author of The Beatles : Fact and Fiction 1960-1962, Séguier/Atlantica, October 2009 (English version of the 2003 French book Les Beatles : Enquête sur un Mythe 1960-1962) and co-author w/ J.C. Hocquet of La France et les Beatles – Vol. 1 : La discographie originale, Séguier/Atlantica, July 2005.

Page created in 0.372 seconds with 46 queries.