Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Do You Respect Yoko Ono?  (Read 15726 times)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Do You Respect Yoko Ono?
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2005, 01:57:19 AM »

Quote from: tkitna
Thank you Jr! Its true that looks dont make a person, but i always made a deal with myself that if I was ever going to cheat on a girlfriend or a wife, I would at least do it with a better looking prospect. I think the drugs were clouding Johns eyes on that one.

Fair enough then. Sorry if I got a bit snappy, it's just that when comments like that are made it doesn't help people like myself feel any better about our looks.

I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005, 02:01:10 AM »

Howard Stern had a whole conversation about Yoko the other day. He doesn

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 02:05:51 AM »

I'm not a Howard Stern fan at all, but that was funny, and a lot of it was true. Especially the part about theatre people. Cause I am one of them and let me tell you I can't think of one other drama folk who respects her so-called art.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2005, 02:41:06 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr [/quote

It just goes to show that its not just us that think she's a manipulative, idiotic, moronic, control freak. What a piece of sh*t she is. I can only imagine what her Will must look like. She's going to make "Mommy Dearest" look like Mother Theresa.

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2005, 03:03:14 AM »

Quote from: Mairi

Fair enough then. Sorry if I got a bit snappy, it's just that when comments like that are made it doesn't help people like myself feel any better about our looks.

I'm sure T, like myself and many others go past just looks. Its the person inside, not necessarily how they're packaged.  He was just putting the cherry on the gravy, that's all.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2005, 05:09:27 AM »

This is true Jr.

Mairi, I just went back and looked at your picture and your a cutey so I dont know why you would ever feel down about yourself. Me on the other hand,,,I look like an intoxicated quasimodo, but I dont let it get me down and nor should anyone. I was just poking fun anyways.

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2005, 03:10:43 PM »

Yeah I respect her.

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2005, 09:27:33 PM »

i Just Saw Here In the Newspaper, SOmething about a John Lennon Broadway Show?

Paul McCartney :)

Blackbird

• A Beginning
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2005, 09:34:49 PM »

I agree with Paul McCartney.  I dislike the woman.  Maybe I have respect, I'm not sure.  I've never met her.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2005, 12:28:42 AM »

The real irony of Yoko is that the longer Paul lives, the longer she and her heirs will continue to make money until the Lennon/McCartney copyrights run out.  So if Paul, God bless him, lives to be a 100, Yoko's great-great-grandchildren will still be making a whole lot more money off the Beatles than any Lennon musical.  

It's too bad about the Lennon show.  The Broadway reviews are all bad--most of them I read were from people who wanted to like the show, but felt there just wasn't enough "story" there--or too simplistic a story (for Broadway, no less).  

Apparently there are nine cast members who play John--men, women, different ethnicities.  Funny, the upcoming Dylan biopic has a similar deal with a bunch of different actors playing Bob.  Wonder if it will be any better.

One reviewer did note that in the few appearances of the other three Beatles in the Lennon musical, they were played by females to John's male.  

Runforyourlife

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2005, 09:29:43 PM »

I respect her as a person. She has never done anything wrong to me for me to feel otherwise. However, certain things that she does, from time to time, regarding her husband's legacy and other things...I can't really respect. So yes, I respect her as a person but I don't always respect her actions.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2005, 08:35:06 PM »

I respect everyone that doesn't treat other people like sh*t.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2005, 04:32:09 AM »

I found a quote from Rogers Waters over at a Floyd site about Yoko. The thread was about him putting a couple of not so nice lines about Yoko on his album Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking. Which of course he put out AFTER Lennon's death. Anyway, thought it was interesting to see what one of his sort of peers though of her. Here's the quote:

"I'm not interested in Yoko Ono's art...as is no one in the world...because it's worthless...as far as I can make out. That's not to say she hasn't got great worth...she has, as we all do. She just hasn't got anything interesting to say about anything, as far as I can tell. I find it very irritating that after he died, she kind of adopted his mantle and pretended that she had got interesting things to say. I was pretty upset by her parading the child around onstage round the world and things like that. I just thought it was unnecessary...and parading his power around, as if it was her own, I found upsetting at times but...that's a cross she has to bear...you know?"

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2005, 04:47:35 AM »

Very true. She'd have been a Bowery whore if it weren't for him.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 09:22:26 PM »

I don't hate Yoko and I do think her artwork is interesting and thought-provoking.  (Before you laugh at me, I'll tell you that I studied art history as an undergrad.)  And I like Yoko better than Heather Mills!

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 11:28:19 PM »

But my "burning question" is:  If John would have lived, do you think he and Yoko would still be together as a couple today???
Oh, and I do have some respect for Yoko.  She is a very, strong woman.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 11:58:25 PM »

I respect Yoko.  Like if I saw her on the street I wouldn't yell at her and say she's crazy or what-not.  John loved her and she has definately kept John's memory and spirit alive.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 01:19:40 AM »

^^^^^^^^^Very much agreed with the "memory and spirit" of John alive........

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 10:19:24 PM »

I think they would be together. I believe they did love each other, each their own kind of love. And Yoko is an IRON lady, I admire her in this respect.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2008, 02:20:58 AM »

I wouldnt spit on her if I saw her on the atreets but just because she made John happy doesnt mean that everybody else didnt see through her facade.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.275 seconds with 87 queries.