Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sour Milk Sea  (Read 8899 times)

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
Re: Sour Milk Sea
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 03:19:34 PM »

Sour Milk Sea.

.... Am I the only one who wishes the Beatles had done this song?

No you're not alone Moog! One of the great "might have beens"....

I'm not saying it was a hit single but it's a really good upbeat tune. Would have worked well on White Album or Let it Be.

It would have worked on the White Album but I'm loathe to tamper with that particular sprawling smörgåsbord... instead I really wish they'd released "Sour Milk Sea" as a Double A Side with "Come And Get It" and put this single out, say around Summer '69.

If only......

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 03:27:01 PM »

Actually yeah I forgot about You Like Me Too Much, terrible song imo,  Im surprised they allowed it on the album, maybe theyd used up all the L & M ones, Not Guilty goes in my lousy section too.

"You Like Me Too Much" is comfortably my favourite song on the whole of side two of "Help!"

I prefer it to "I Need You" and wish it had replaced it in the film!

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 06:10:56 PM »

Even given the considerable competition of 1969, a mythical George solo LP that begins with 'Something', 'Here Comes The Sun' and 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' could finish with seven slabs of George getting over a cold and/or making rude noises with balloons (see Magical Mystery Tour) and it would still be remarkable.

Two, arguably three, standards on one 32 minute LP would have been noteworthy even by the fantastic bench-mark of the 60s.....today it would cause the earth to fall off its axis! 

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 10:04:35 PM »

"You Like Me Too Much" is comfortably my favourite song on the whole of side two of "Help!"

I prefer it to "I Need You" and wish it had replaced it in the film!

Ive always been the opposite. Although I Need You gets dismissed a lot nowadays I've always liked it. Nothing too profound but I thought it showed George beginning to learn how to structure a song from John and Paul.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.331 seconds with 42 queries.