Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 638576 times)

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8560 on: August 21, 2013, 02:56:05 AM »

Any relation to...

...?

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

KelMar

« Reply #8561 on: August 21, 2013, 03:09:25 AM »

Any relation to...

...?

:P

Hey, I may find out that we are. Her family came from England. It would certainly explain a few things about some of my relatives!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8562 on: August 21, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »

I wish I knew more about photography so I could capture the beautiful, huge full moon tonight. All I got was a bright blur! Maybe I'll figure it out before the Harvest Moon. It makes me think of my great, great, great grandmother who I am researching. Her name was Thankful Moon. She may have been the very first hippie with that name!
I found a distant relative from the Deerfield, MA area whose last name was Moon! It might be a common name as most of those settlers were English.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8563 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:08 PM »

I wish I knew more about photography so I could capture the beautiful, huge full moon tonight. All I got was a bright blur! Maybe I'll figure it out before the Harvest Moon. It makes me think of my great, great, great grandmother who I am researching. Her name was Thankful Moon. She may have been the very first hippie with that name!
I hear ya! I think you need one of those professional cameras. All I get when I try to capture the moon is a bright dot on a black background

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

KelMar

« Reply #8564 on: August 24, 2013, 07:21:01 AM »

I hear ya! I think you need one of those professional cameras. All I get when I try to capture the moon is a bright dot on a black background

I wanted to show you this picture that my friend took. She says that she uses the manual setting on her digital camera. I tried that the other night but I don't know what the heck I'm doing! Anyway...

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8565 on: August 24, 2013, 10:19:13 AM »

I wanted to show you this picture that my friend took. She says that she uses the manual setting on her digital camera. I tried that the other night but I don't know what the heck I'm doing! Anyway...

That's a great picture. I tried it the night before your post with my little Cannon and just got a yellow blob as well. I'm going to have to read the instructions!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8566 on: August 24, 2013, 10:50:02 AM »

WoooooW so pretty and excellent quality!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8567 on: August 24, 2013, 04:19:07 PM »

WoooooW so pretty and excellent quality!

I have to second that. Your friend took a great photo, Kelley; thanks for sharing it!

KelMar

« Reply #8568 on: August 24, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »

That's a great picture. I tried it the night before your post with my little Cannon and just got a yellow blob as well. I'm going to have to read the instructions!

When all else fails read the instructions right? LOL My camera takes great pictures but the way the buttons are situated I'm always bumping them and making the camera behave in unexpected ways that I can't fix.  roll:)

KelMar

« Reply #8569 on: August 24, 2013, 09:33:29 PM »

I found a distant relative from the Deerfield, MA area whose last name was Moon! It might be a common name as most of those settlers were English.

Maybe we are related to each other and we're both related to Moonie!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8570 on: August 28, 2013, 02:39:17 AM »

Maybe we are related to each other and we're both related to Moonie!
The relative I met online is named Barbara Moon Baptista from California. One of her grandmothers married my 8th great grandfather and somewhere down the line her ancestor married a Moon. Distant relation at best. I think they were from a little town called Wendell, mass. just east of Deerfield.
This history is off the top of my head and could be short on the details but I think it's basically right. I find it fascinating.
If you can get close to that town in your search I can get you in touch with her through FB.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:50:28 AM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8571 on: August 28, 2013, 02:53:36 AM »

When all else fails read the instructions right? LOL My camera takes great pictures but the way the buttons are situated I'm always bumping them and making the camera behave in unexpected ways that I can't fix.  roll:)
I do the same thing. When I have a good photo lined up, sometimes I hit the off button and miss it!!!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8572 on: August 28, 2013, 06:06:02 AM »

The relative I met online is named Barbara Moon Baptista from California. One of her grandmothers married my 8th great grandfather and somewhere down the line her ancestor married a Moon. Distant relation at best. I think they were from a little town called Wendell, mass. just east of Deerfield.
This history is off the top of my head and could be short on the details but I think it's basically right. I find it fascinating.
If you can get close to that town in your search I can get you in touch with her through FB.

Thanks Dave! I'll keep that in mind. As for these cameras, I think they do so much that there isn't room enough for all the buttons and our fingers!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8573 on: August 28, 2013, 11:52:25 AM »

Thanks Dave! I'll keep that in mind. As for these cameras, I think they do so much that there isn't room enough for all the buttons and our fingers!
My primitive brain too! I still prefer knobs!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8574 on: August 28, 2013, 09:42:31 PM »

I do the same thing. When I have a good photo lined up, sometimes I hit the off button and miss it!!!

I'm SO glad to hear I'm not the only person who's done that!   :laugh:

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8575 on: August 29, 2013, 11:20:13 AM »

I'm SO glad to hear I'm not the only person who's done that!   :laugh:
Lol! I do it often! Usually wildlife shots around here and they don't wait for a second try!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8576 on: August 30, 2013, 05:46:28 PM »

Is there EVER a good time for a major appliance -- or automobile -- to break? (That's a rhetorical question LOL.) My clothes dryer just died after 16 faithful, hardworking years.....really lousy timing coming on the heels of all the back-to-school expenses.   :(

nimrod

« Reply #8577 on: August 30, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »

our washing machine bit the dust last month, 2 months out of warranty, it needs a new pc board (cost is $450 !!!!) so may as well buy a new machine with new warranty :(

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8578 on: August 31, 2013, 05:42:07 PM »

our washing machine bit the dust last month, 2 months out of warranty, it needs a new pc board (cost is $450 !!!!) so may as well buy a new machine with new warranty :(

Yikes, that is expensive! I'd probably just get a new one, too.

It's 30 minutes past the four-hour delivery window, and still no sign of the delivery van. Called almost 45 minutes ago and was told the driver would call and update me. Grrrrr.  I'm outta here.  >:(

KelMar

« Reply #8579 on: August 31, 2013, 05:46:57 PM »

I feel your pain Kathy! My dryer died a few years back on Easter Sunday. I threw a huge load of socks and underwear in it and when my daughter was packing up to go back to school later that day we discovered that it no longer heated. I ended up using the dryer in her dorm. I was lucky she let me; for some reason having your mom walk into your dorm carrying a large basket of wet underwear is embarrassing. Go figure!
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 527

Page created in 0.796 seconds with 78 queries.