Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Re-issue Paul's Catalog  (Read 17480 times)

Bobber

Re-issue Paul's Catalog
« on: April 22, 2010, 12:41:15 PM »

McCartney Catalog To Be Reissued by Concord Music Group

Paul McCartney Partners with Concord Music Group for
Exclusive Global Marketing and Distribution of Revered Solo and Wings Catalog

Multi-album rollout begins with August release of '73's classic
Band On The Run featuring remastered audio, enhanced packaging and rare bonus content

Paul McCartney's MPL and Concord Music Group, one of the world's leading independent music companies today announced an historic agreement to globally market and distribute McCartney's venerated solo and Wings catalog, which encompass 40 years of cherished, classic material from the most successful songwriter and recording artist in music history. Indeed, the music legend has sold an astonishing 100 million solo singles and 700 million albums world-wide in his unparalleled career. The announcement coincides with the 40th anniversary of McCartney, his fabled first solo album released April, 1970.

This exclusive global arrangement, will cover both physical and digital distribution of McCartney's treasured post Beatles catalog including landmark solo albums such as McCartney, Ram, McCartney II, Tug Of War, Pipes of Peace, Give My Regards To Broad Street, Press To Play, Flowers in the Dirt, Off the Ground, Flaming Pie, Driving Rain, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard, Memory Almost Full, and Good Evening New York City. The classic Wings albums include Wildlife, Red Rose Speedway, Band On The Run, Venus and Mars, Wings At The Speed of Sound, Wings Over America, London Town and Back To The Egg. The catalog also includes the inventive, highly regarded albums recorded under the McCartney pseudonyms Percy "Thrills" Thrillington, The Fireman and Twin Freaks.

The indispensible and remarkably enduring collection of songs represented in McCartney's post 1970 collected works include the gems "Maybe I'm Amazed", "Another Day", "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey", "My Love", "Live & Let Die", "Band On The Run", "Jet", "Listen To What The Man Said", "Silly Love Songs", "Let 'Em In", "With A Little Luck", "Mull Of Kintyre", "Coming Up", "Ebony and Ivory", "Say Say Say", "No More Lonely Nights", "My Brave Face", "Hope Of Deliverance", "Fine Line", and "Dance Tonight" among many others.

McCartney fans can look forward to an ambitious and rewarding reissue program beginning in August of 2010 with Band On The Run; Paul McCartney & Wings' classic #1 album from 1973 that spawned the immortal title song as well as the smash hit "Jet". It will be available in a variety of configurations, including a special collector's multi-disc edition with remastered audio, enhanced packaging and rare bonus content.

In 2007 Concord Records and Starbucks partnered to form Hear Music whose inaugural release was Paul McCartney's highly successful, critically acclaimed album Memory Almost Full. The McCartney-Concord relationship has since blossomed to include the 2009 release of McCartney's historic multi-disc live CD/DVD Good Evening New York City and now this landmark multi-year global marketing and distribution partnership.

"Since the release of Memory Almost Full in 2007 I've had a good working relationship with Concord and enjoyed our mutual love of music," stated McCartney. "I'm looking forward to continuing this relationship with the new catalog campaign. I'm always looking for new ways and opportunities to get my music to people and Concord share this passion."

"Working with Paul McCartney, the MPL team and this tremendous catalog is an unbelievable honor," stated Glen Barros, Concord Music Group President and CEO. "To so many of us here at Concord and to millions of people all over the world, Paul's music has formed a big part of 'life's soundtrack'. So to now be a part of representing this amazing body of work is nothing short of a dream come true."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:38:38 PM by Bobber »
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Re: Re-issue Paul's Catalog
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 03:39:28 AM »

19 previously unreleased tracks have surfaced on the web in light of the news. Out of these 19, I am delighted that most of them are from 1975-1976. Especially Wino Junko  :)

1. Must Do Something About It [Paul’s guide vocal version ‘76]
2. Richard Cory [Studio Rehearsal Sept.’75]
3. Silly Love Songs [version without brass and strings ‘76]
4. Time To Hide [instrumental ‘76]
5. Soily [One Hand Clapping rehearsal ‘74]
6. She’s My Baby [Take 1 ‘76]
7. Wino Junko [early take ‘76]
8. Beware My Love [instrumental ‘76]
9. Martha My Dear [instrumental ‘83]
10. The Note You Never Wrote [without strings ‘75]
11. She’s My Baby [Take 2 ‘76]
12. Beware My Love [early take ‘76]
13. Daytime Nightime Suffering [early take ‘76]
14. Mull of Kintyre [with count-in ‘77]
15. Newt Rack [Tug of War instrumental ‘81]
16. Take It Away [monitor mix ‘81]
17. What’s That You’re Doing [rough take ‘81]
18. Choba B CCCP [Part 1 medley of unreleased songs ‘87]
19. Choba B CCCP [Part 2 medley of unreleased songs ‘87]

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 10:05:25 AM »

I just cant do it. Paul has more freaking albums than the Beatles and I just cant rebuy all of them. It never ends. Soon the remasters will be remastered.

eroz0

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 12:02:40 PM »

This is excellent news. It was time it happened.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 04:39:34 AM »

So much stuff (mostly from the 1975-1976 era) is appearing online. Ah this is heaven  ;D

Almighty Doer of Stuff

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 04:01:38 PM »

The only Paul albums I have are Red Rose Speedway, Wingspan: Hits & History, Back In The US, and Chaos And Creation In The Backyard, so I'm definitely going to buy some of these remasters once I have the money.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:05:48 AM »

Rockshow is under heavy consideration to being included as a bonus dvd for the reissued Wings Over America. Thank god if that happens. I can't think of why they wouldn't include it.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 03:55:43 PM »

As for the "Memory Almost Full" and "Good Evening New York City" albums, Paul McCartney catalogue is entrusted to Universal for the distribution outside the United States.

Band On The Run comes out in September 28

A "standard" digipack version including 1 CD

A “deluxe” edition including 2 CDs and 1 DVD

A multi-disc special edition collection including 3 CDs, a DVD and a "hard book"

An “double vinyl” edition

As for the "Memory Almost Full" and "Good Evening New York City" albums, Paul McCartney catalogue is entrusted to Universal for the distribution outside the United States.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 11:22:38 PM »

Rockshow is under heavy consideration to being included as a bonus dvd for the reissued Wings Over America. Thank god if that happens. I can't think of why they wouldn't include it.

The Rockshow video--do you mean the whole shebang or just a few clips (like the ones included on The McCartney Years DVDs)? If Rockshow were to be released whole, I'd happily re-buy WOA.

ohyea

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 10:19:47 PM »

19 previously unreleased tracks have surfaced on the web in light of the news. Out of these 19, I am delighted that most of them are from 1975-1976. Especially Wino Junko  :)

1. Must Do Something About It [Paul’s guide vocal version ‘76]
2. Richard Cory [Studio Rehearsal Sept.’75]
3. Silly Love Songs [version without brass and strings ‘76]
4. Time To Hide [instrumental ‘76]
5. Soily [One Hand Clapping rehearsal ‘74]
6. She’s My Baby [Take 1 ‘76]
7. Wino Junko [early take ‘76]
8. Beware My Love [instrumental ‘76]
9. Martha My Dear [instrumental ‘83]
10. The Note You Never Wrote [without strings ‘75]
11. She’s My Baby [Take 2 ‘76]
12. Beware My Love [early take ‘76]
13. Daytime Nightime Suffering [early take ‘76]
14. Mull of Kintyre [with count-in ‘77]
15. Newt Rack [Tug of War instrumental ‘81]
16. Take It Away [monitor mix ‘81]
17. What’s That You’re Doing [rough take ‘81]
18. Choba B CCCP [Part 1 medley of unreleased songs ‘87]
19. Choba B CCCP [Part 2 medley of unreleased songs ‘87]

where can I download some of these songs?

Bobber

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 09:12:42 AM »

where can I download some of these songs?

I noticed you found the other thread.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 06:18:39 AM »

Any updates on these? I've been looking at BOTR on Amazon and it has no good descriptive info except for the prices... I can't tell which price belongs to the deluxe edition.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 08:34:03 AM »

Any updates on these? I've been looking at BOTR on Amazon and it has no good descriptive info except for the prices... I can't tell which price belongs to the deluxe edition.

CD1

Same as 1973 UK release 

CD2

1. Helen Wheels (2010 Remaster)
2. Country Dreamer (2010 Remaster)
3. Bluebird [from One Hand Clapping” (2010 Remaster)
4. Jet [from One Hand Clapping” (2010 Remaster)
5. Let Me Roll It [from One Hand Clapping” (2010 Remaster)
6. Band on the Run [from One Hand Clapping” (2010 Remaster)
7. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five [from One Hand Clapping” (2010 Remaster)
8. Country Dreamer [from One Hand Clapping” (2010 Remaster)
9. Zoo Gang (2010 Remaster)

DVD

Musical Videos:
1. Band on the Run (5:10)
2. Mamunia (4:52)
3. Album Promo (7:42) (Featuring Band on the Run, Mrs Vandebilt, Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five, Bluebird)
4. Helen Wheels (3:39)
5. Wings In Lagos (3:01) (Edit of mute black and white footage of a day out in Lagos during the recording sessions with a soundbed based on an alternative version of Band on the Run)
6. Osterley Park (15:20) (Edit of behind the scenes footage at the album cover photoshoot featuring all participants)
7. One Hand Clapping (51:49)

“One Hand Clapping” – a documentary programme originally made for TV featuring studio performances
It was filmed & recorded at Abbey Road Studios, London, August 1974
Directed by David Litchfield

7.1. One Hand Clapping Theme
7.2. Jet
7.3. Soily
7.4. C Moon
7.5. Little Woman Love
7.6. Maybe I’m Amazed
7.7. My Love
7.8. Bluebird
7.9. Let’s Love
7.10. All Of You
7.11. I’ll Give You A Ring
7.12. Band on the Run
7.13. Live and Let Die
7.14. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
7.15. Baby Face

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 09:13:41 AM »

^ Thanks for providing the info. Do you know if that CD/DVD set is the outrageously expensive one on Amazon? The prices I recall seeing were $30ish and like $90ish.  :o

Bobber

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 10:22:52 AM »

From wogew.blogspot:

Paul McCartney has started to make some publicity for the first release in his new remastered album series, christened "Archive Collection", which starts with the release of "Band On The Run" on November 1st in the UK and November 2nd in the USA. It was big news last year when McCartney took his back catalogue off EMI and brought them with him over to the American company Concord Music.
Word is that Concord Music was advised to release the various McCartney albums chronologically, starting with "McCartney" from 1970, an advice they chose to ignore in favour of starting with the album that has been McCartney's best seller ever since it was first released in 1973, "Band On The Run". He recorded it with his fledgling group, "Wings" in Lagos, Nigeria, after two of the group members deserted just before the group was about to leave England. The album is being made available in a variety of formats, besides the three different editions depicted above, there's of course the digital download and the 2LP vinyl edition. Don't hold your breath for that last one, Concord isn't very proficient in delivering vinyl editions of their releases.
Long standing McCartney fans in the UK are probably wishing that he'd have stayed with EMI, as you'll have noticed from the above picture, the various versions are quite a bit more pricey in the UK than in the USA. The cheapest one, the single CD remaster costs $13.99, which at current rates should have translated into £8.93. Instead, it'll set the British fan back £15.49, which equals $24.26! Of course, the more money you spend, the greater the loss. The most expensive edition is priced at $79.99, which should have been £51. Instead, it costs £77.49, which is a whopping $121.35! This means that a British fan who buys the 4 disc deluxe edition will have to spend $41.36 more than the American fan. Why? Because Concord is an American company, and the editions sold in the UK has to be imported from the USA. The same holds true for my country, Norway. Here I'll have to pay $231 for the deluxe edition, nearly three times the US price. If these releases had been made by the EMI, a pan-European edition would have been manufactured and distributed in the UK by EMI and in Norway by the Norwegian branch of EMI. Going "independant" may have been a bold move by McCartney, but we fans are as usual the ones who end up paying for it.
And by the way, Concord missed out on this opportunity of releasing the definitive edition by leaving out a surround sound version of the album. Those of us who has the possibility of playing SACD and DVD-Audio discs still has to purchase the 1997 DTS release on DVD-A, now a collector's item.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 12:54:54 PM »

^ Great info, Bobber. Thanks.

Bobber

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 12:55:52 PM »

You're welcome. Rereading this, I remembered Joosts comment on remastered albums that he posted lately. I think I'll stick to my vinyl on this one.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 07:04:30 PM »

3 CD+DVD Set

2 CD plus DVD Set

Standard Edition

Bobber

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »

Thanks for the update Dirk. Any improvement on the sound quality?

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 12:27:45 PM »

Hello friends, the quality of the show ONE HAND CLAPPING is probably only Bootleg VHS quality to be.
 ;sorry
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.869 seconds with 80 queries.