Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Beatles under a microscope - Pastmasters 2  (Read 19977 times)

nimrod

Re: Beatles under a microscope - Pastmasters 2
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 12:36:58 PM »

You're certainly not alone Kevin - I have the vinyl, the two disc CD/DVD and the basic single CD copies and the basic version is in my car with me most of the time. Purists probably view it with disdain... had it been handled by anyone instead of uncle George Martin & Son I suspect many fans wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, even though it got the thumbs up from Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia.

I adore it.

well thats a relief mr m

my absolute favourite bit is where Mr Kite morphs into the riff from I Want You (She's So Heavy), I turn the volume up to 10 in the car just before it happens  ;D

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2011, 03:12:18 PM »

The good thing about Love is that you can listen to the same Beatles songs in a different way. But I guess that I'm one of those purists. ;D
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2011, 09:16:06 PM »

I would count myself in amongst the fans of Love. I think it is a great album and play it a lot.
I have heard the Elvis one that is also from a Vegas show (I forget the name) and it is terrible - basically trying to put a modern slant on Elvis songs - but I think Love succeeds because it uses only Beatles music (apart from those strings on WMGGW).
Some parts work better than others, but on the whole it is a great CD.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 40 queries.