Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul McCartney Is 2012 MusiCares Person Of The Year  (Read 2894 times)

KelMar

Paul McCartney Is 2012 MusiCares Person Of The Year
« on: September 21, 2011, 05:56:01 PM »

Paul McCartney will be honored as the 2012 MusiCares Person of the Year at its 22nd annual benefit gala. Proceeds from the dinner and concert will provide essential support for MusiCares, which ensures that music people have a place to turn in times of need.

"Paul immediately brings to mind artistic excellence and passion for causes that are dear to him," said Scott Pascucci, Chair of MusiCares Foundation Board. "It is very inspiring that one of music's true icons makes philanthropy such a force in his life."

"I've been given a great gift — a life making music — and it's my privilege to try to make the world a better place by giving back," said McCartney.

Established in 1989 by The Recording Academy, MusiCares provides a safety net of financial and medical assistance for music people in times of need. MusiCares also focuses the resources and attention of the music industry on human service issues that directly impact the health and welfare of the music community. For more information, please visit www.musicares.org

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
Re: Paul McCartney Is 2012 MusiCares Person Of The Year
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:12:15 AM »

I would imagine that really Paul accepting another award is a bit blase to him. He seems to put on a gracious, appreciative face, but what is going on in his mind? "Oh, another stupid award..."

Unless, of course, it is a cause that he is interested in.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 37 queries.