Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Grammys  (Read 986 times)

Wayne L.

The Grammys
« on: February 14, 2005, 07:19:42 PM »

I didn't watch the Grammy Awards because I knew from the start that the late, great Ray Charles was going to win more than any other artist because it was so damn predictable. I think he deserved to win some Grammys for his posthumous album Genius Loves Company except not 8 but the overpraising by other artists was sickening.  John Lennon & Elvis Presley didn't get as much praise as Ray Charles has gotten after his death mainly because he's a black guy since it's politically correct in the media & don't call me a racist.  Even though Chuck Berry & Little Richard are the fathers of rock & roll as well as being black I doubt if they will get half the praise that RC has received.  I didn't have to watch the Grammys to know how cheesy & crappy the remake of the Beatles classic Across The Universe with Bono, Tim McGraw & Velvet Revolver for the tsunami victims would be. It's great that Brian Wilson finally won a Grammy after over 40 years in the business when the Beach Boys should have won long ago.  The members of Led Zeppelin receiving a Lifetime Acheivement Award is great while it's too bad they didn't get to perform on the show with possibly Jason Bonham or Zak Starkey on drums.  The Grammy Awards are a waste of time to be taken seriously giving Ray Charles all these Grammys which was hyped up for the Oscars & the Ray biopic movie along with Britney Spears winning one proving how worthless they officially are now.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
Re: The Grammys
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 09:27:44 PM »

the piece of my heart tribute wasnt bad
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 37 queries.