Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Ringo- amazing drummer?  (Read 37958 times)

Re: Ringo- amazing drummer?
« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »

people, are you in crazyness? 11 people thinks he's not amazing drummer? what kind of Beatles fans are you? shame on you who thinks he's not amazing. do I need to name a few songs to clear here everything?

Strawberry Fields Forever (I don't remember which version, but drums solo at the end is insane)
U1Zr8ohkv18

I'm Down (one of his most underrated drumming)
R6NIRYpWqhs

Long Tall Sally (no comments)
cj0THqkPSHs

Rain (greatest combination between drums and bass, insanely hard and amazing song)
nrSHNoY0tpc

She Said She Said (Ringo is crazy drummer)
1KKNwRmXgHU

The End (powerful drum fills and solo is perfect)
4k4PBNWUQEo (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Polythene Pam (amazing and fast)
Cg6ZskHcPfE (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

and various others, so why people think that he's not amazing? Abbey Road is in the 2st place as the greatest drum album. Ringo is amazing and underrated drummer, admit or not, but he's very talented.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2008, 03:22:59 AM »

Quote from: 1458
people, are you in crazyness? 11 people thinks he's not amazing drummer? what kind of Beatles fans are you? shame on you who thinks he's not amazing. do I need to name a few songs to clear here everything?

We're all Beatles fans here, but we don't have to think the same. And it doesn't mean we're not just because some people don't agree with you.

Ringo's contribution to the early sound of The Beatles was immense, but I'd say that after Revolver there was a need for him to move on as a drummer, but I think he became just another drummer. And you really can't say that the solo on Abbey Road is amazing. Really, a beginner could do that.

« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2008, 03:32:17 PM »

Quote from: 483

We're all Beatles fans here, but we don't have to think the same. And it doesn't mean we're not just because some people don't agree with you.

Ringo's contribution to the early sound of The Beatles was immense, but I'd say that after Revolver there was a need for him to move on as a drummer, but I think he became just another drummer. And you really can't say that the solo on Abbey Road is amazing. Really, a beginner could do that.

well, its not Ringo's fault. early Beatles' songs were fast so and Ringo had to drum fast as much as others Beatles did on guitars, but years later The Beatles became more and more heavier and Ringo was mainly rock'n'roll drummer and he wasn't really prepared for blues or even heavy rock. I agree that Ringo was a faster drummer during the 1962-1966, but in that era he almost never have done any drum solos and during the 1967-1969 he have done more and more unique stuff, not fastly, but enough impressively :)

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2009, 07:37:42 PM »

the beatles were the best band ever-period.
ringo starr played drums for the best band ever.
ringo starr played drums on the best songs ever wrote.
now please tell me that the guy isnt a great player.
are you lot mad or something?
as for charlie watts' drumming,it's meant to be sloppy.that is the whole stones feel.
keith moon was a phenomenal player-but in the same way as ringo could not play a 'my generation'i would love to hear moonie trying to replicate 'help' or 'act naturally'.he'd have no bloody chance.think about that one folks.
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2009, 07:51:27 PM »

Great Band
Great Songs
Great Bass Player
Great Songwriters
Average Drummer
Average Lead Guitarist
Average Rhythm Guitarist
Great Lead Vocals

No bands perfect they just came pretty close  ;) ;)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2009, 03:41:41 PM »

nice link there pc31  ;)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 47 queries.