Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: John  (Read 8643 times)

Rocky Raccoon

• A Beginning
  • Help with good Rocky's revival!
John
« on: April 04, 2004, 04:52:19 AM »

This guy is really overrated, I mean, within the beatles. (I probably prefer him than anyother musician from nowadays) But, what has he got that the others haven't? I mean, besides an awfully ugly wife
In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: John
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 05:14:21 AM »

[quote by=Rocky_Raccoon link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1081054339,s=0 date=1081054339]This guy is really overrated, I mean, within the beatles. (I probably prefer him than anyother musician from nowadays) But, what has he got that the others haven't? I mean, besides an awfully ugly wife[/quote]

I really dont have the energy for this right now so i'll give the short reply. John writes and plays music,,,,listen to it and then ask yourself your same question.

Rocky Raccoon

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 05:30:19 AM »

well, the other three also played and wrote music. See, there is nothing special about him.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 05:36:37 AM »

I give up. Your right. There is nothing special about John Lennon. Excuse me while I go bash my head against the wall for awhile.

Rocky Raccoon

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 05:51:18 AM »

well, ok, he's special, but just the same as the other three guys

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 06:03:12 AM »

Heres the deal. John and Paul wrote almost all of the Beatle stuff. George became a very accomplished song writer, but not until later. Ringo was and is not a very good song writer. Most of his solo hits were written with help from other people. And, comparing John and Paul is pretty much useless because they both were great and their careers practically mirror each others, but in different manners.

Lets not get into the abilitys of playing the instruments. The Beatles were not the greatest musicians on their respected instruments and there are better players technically. The one point to remember is the song writing aspect. When you see composers like Beethoven, Bach, Shubert,etc,,,,well Lennon/McCartney are spoken with the same breath. To be 1/2 of that combination makes one special. Its not hard.

By the way, I see you must be a pretty big Paul fan with your avatar and your 'Rocky' signature. Please dont try to goad us into a Paul vrs. John thread because its a futile subject.

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 06:11:52 AM »

lol Well Paul has just as many fans as John Whats so freaking special about him!!?!?!?!!?!?

Only one response

1. WHO CARES?

I mean god if you have to question why you like john/the beatles then you dont like them

NothingIsReal

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 02:28:15 PM »

Well actually Paul and George are really gifted guitarists (George more obviously) But Paul plays guitar on a bunch of Beatle songs, he plays lead guitar on the whole "Band On The Run" album and I've heard him playing some impressive stuff elsewhere
But John is NOT overrated

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 03:13:43 PM »

John is an awesome lyricist and singer.

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2004, 03:56:08 PM »

The Beatles were magical *as a group*, all 4 (yes, even Ringo) the necessary and critical person to be there at that time.

Solo just shows all their weaknesses.

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 07:14:29 PM »

I do not think that John is over rated...However I will agree with Rocky Raccoon that he isn't some god compared to the other Beatles in my eye.   The Beatles were called the Fab 4. Without one of them I don't think the Beatles would have done as well.

Charlie said something along the lines of
<<The Beatles were magical *as a group*, all 4 (yes, even Ringo)>>   

Well I don't think there is any need to degrade any of the Beatles.  Did Ringo not get the most fan mail? Maybe because he was talented, maybe because he was hot or maybe because he was the drummer and lots of girls loved the drummers of bands.  What ever the reason for each individual, the fact still holds up.  There is no need to degrade him.   Each Beatle added something to the Fab 4. Each had individual talents that helped make the Beatles whole.

Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 09:42:31 PM »

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1081054339,s=10 date=1081106069]I do not think that John is over rated...However I will agree with Rocky Raccoon that he isn't some god compared to the other Beatles in my eye.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 10:17:02 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1081054339,s=11 date=1081114951]

*I* was NOT degrading him.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 10:31:10 PM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1081054339,s=12 date=1081117022]Sidenote***

Mister Charlie,

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2004, 01:52:12 AM »

No, I wasn't aware of that, but then the guy was EVERYwhere in the 60's.  I dodn't know he was so responsible for teaching me all the stuff I copied from all these various groups until a few years ago.

Patton

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's all in the mind.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2004, 01:46:26 PM »

John started the band. he gave it flavor. if he wasn't there the beatles wouldn't be great. But paul was a beter musician and george was a beter guitarist. John also broke up the band
Adam Priestle

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 74 queries.