Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Carbon copy songs  (Read 10647 times)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Carbon copy songs
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 02:26:44 AM »

I dug out the original Signed DC which you are right has a shorter intro Hombre, the bass line is also different but the chords the same so maybe Justin copied Love  ???

It seems that Justin copied Love and then Arthur copied the bass line of that Moody Blues song as a revenge! ;D
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2011, 02:29:13 AM »

I keep trying to hear this but all I can hear is "Nights in White Satin"! It was nice to listen to "House of the Rising Sun" though. It's one of my favorites. My brother used to let me strum while he played the chords for this song. Sadly, it's as close as I've ever come to playing the guitar. I sure do love to listen to other people play though!

I think the tune of the vocals of both songs are very similiar.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2011, 03:46:51 AM »

I think the tune of the vocals of both songs are very similiar.

I agree, I love both songs very dearly!

nimrod

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2011, 11:31:20 AM »

I think the bass line is different but the tune is the same as the original which changed in 1967 to the original which was then copied onto the newer version which has the original bass line but has a shorter intro than the longer version which is similar but not quite the same as the original

ha2ha

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2011, 09:43:26 PM »

I think the bass line is different but the tune is the same as the original which changed in 1967 to the original which was then copied onto the newer version which has the original bass line but has a shorter intro than the longer version which is similar but not quite the same as the original

ha2ha

ha2ha WOW mate, you summed up both songs in one paragraph better than anyone that I've ever known!  ha2ha

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2011, 02:49:16 AM »

Good summary! ;D

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2011, 02:54:07 AM »

I think that the two songs that Noel Redding wrote for the Jimi Hendrix Experience are pretty similar. He stole himself!

Jimi Hendrix - She's So Fine

Jimi Hendrix - Little Miss Strange

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2011, 03:06:54 AM »

I think that the two songs that Noel Redding wrote for the Jimi Hendrix Experience are pretty similar. He stole himself!

Jimi Hendrix - She's So Fine

Jimi Hendrix - Little Miss Strange

How's it going Hombre_de_ningun_lugar? Long time no see, I hope all is well with you. Great comparison my friend, take care.   

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2011, 03:47:05 AM »

How's it going Hombre_de_ningun_lugar? Long time no see, I hope all is well with you. Great comparison my friend, take care.

I'm very fine BeatlesForever, thanks for asking. I was quite busy lately. How about you?

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2011, 03:56:49 AM »

I'm very fine BeatlesForever, thanks for asking. I was quite busy lately. How about you?

I've been enjoying my vacation this month, I have to use my vacation time this month or I'll lose it next month. Overall, I've been having a blast going from party to party at all hours of the night and meeting all kinds of people.   

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »

do any of these similarities sadden you with regard to the work of the 2nd or potential copy job?  For instance, I have held My Sweet Lord in high regard and never would have found the similarities before reading this thread.  Now...

Hi Hombre_de_ningun_lugar! WOW, this is a very interesting thread! What about this one:

The Chiffons - He's So Fine

George Harrison - My Sweet Lord HD

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »

do any of these similarities sadden you with regard to the work of the 2nd or potential copy job?  For instance, I have held My Sweet Lord in high regard and never would have found the similarities before reading this thread.  Now...

Hi blmeanie! How are you? One thing's for sure, George unintentionally copied some of the chords from "He's So Fine," and it costed him a lot of money for doing so. Despite all that happened, I still love "My Sweet Lord" more than "He's So Fine." Take care. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.511 seconds with 59 queries.