Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 640152 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9220 on: July 24, 2014, 11:18:07 PM »

Boy am I sleepy!!!!

Weird how this thread is not at the top as usual   :-\
I don't know about anyone else but when summer comes up here I basically bust my arse with work, projects and other things. When I'm done I fall into bed and collapse. There's so much to do in good weather and not enough time! When the winter comes and the woodstove goes on I find myself more relaxed and able to sit. it's just the season. This too shall pass!    :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:09:47 AM by Dcazz »
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #9222 on: July 25, 2014, 10:47:13 PM »

Does it matter to you if you don't get rewarded or voiced appreciation from your managers?

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9223 on: July 25, 2014, 11:05:09 PM »

I can speak from the other side, KE.  It's very important to commend employees for a job well done.  When my nurse or office manager has done something exemplary I always take the time to tell them so.  We work very closely in my office and everyone is important.  Together, we work as a unit to provide proper patient care.

It's been a while since I was a resident, but I remember how happy I felt when I was called into the director's office when I received a good evaluation from the attending staff.
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9224 on: July 26, 2014, 03:47:16 PM »

Does it matter to you if you don't get rewarded or voiced appreciation from your managers?

I'm self-employed, KE, so I can't chime in on this; sorry!

KelMar

« Reply #9225 on: July 26, 2014, 08:06:40 PM »

KE, I think everyone wants to hear that they are doing a good job. Unfortunately, not everyone is lucky enough to have an employer like Barry who will tell them. It's tough to wonder how someone feels about you in general and especially when it comes to your work performance. I'll never forget how I felt at my last job one day when I was plugging away in the back room as a page, checking in books. My supervisor was showing someone around and told them that back here was the bottom of the ladder at the library. While that wasn't really speaking against my performance, her words and tone of voice did make me feel like what I was doing didn't matter much. On the other side, I will also never forget a time about 6 months into my current job when someone from our library system was visiting. My boss introduced me and said that I was doing a "top-shelf" job for them. In both jobs I carried those comments around with me and it really affected how I felt about myself. In the first case I felt very negative for a couple of weeks until I remembered something someone else said at a book repair workshop about how the pages were the first line of defense in protecting the library's holdings. That perked me right up but I'd still rather be where I am! So...yes, a pat on the back when you're doing well is not a lot to ask for but if you aren't getting that find ways to pat your own back and keep your eyes peeled for a different situation.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #9226 on: July 26, 2014, 09:44:26 PM »

What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9227 on: July 26, 2014, 11:10:24 PM »

^

Sound advice right there!

What's the matter, KE?  Are you not feeling appreciated where you work?

KelMar

« Reply #9228 on: July 30, 2014, 03:50:52 AM »

I took a walk tonight on the d**e behind our property and saw 6 deer, a fox and then an eagle. That eagle was a surprise and I had to do some Googling to make sure that's what it was. I had no idea all that went on back there! There's a lot of trees between the d**e and our place.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9229 on: July 30, 2014, 10:32:01 AM »

I took a walk tonight on the d**e behind our property and saw 6 deer, a fox and then an eagle. That eagle was a surprise and I had to do some Googling to make sure that's what it was. I had no idea all that went on back there! There's a lot of trees between the d**e and our place.
d**e ?
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #9230 on: July 30, 2014, 05:29:40 PM »

d**e ?

I think you were a victim of unnecessary censorship, like on Jimmy Kimmel! I was trying to say that that I was walking on one of those raised things that runs between the river and the town so we don't get flooded! I guess the censor thought I was using a politically incorrect label regarding someone's sexual orientation. Did it just censor sexual? LOL. There's a setting where you can turn the censor off. Now I know how the Smothers Brothers felt!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9231 on: July 30, 2014, 10:16:49 PM »

Oh! I see. I don't censor s**t!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9232 on: July 31, 2014, 01:44:07 AM »

I think you were a victim of unnecessary censorship, like on Jimmy Kimmel! I was trying to say that that I was walking on one of those raised things that runs between the river and the town so we don't get flooded! I guess the censor thought I was using a politically incorrect label regarding someone's sexual orientation. Did it just censor sexual? LOL. There's a setting where you can turn the censor off. Now I know how the Smothers Brothers felt!

<laugh> That's what I was thinking may have happened. So who or what does the censoring? I've seen posters use creative spelling in news comment sections as they try to circumvent it.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9233 on: July 31, 2014, 03:33:22 AM »

The Forum program does the censoring.  There's a set list of words that triggers the *s

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9234 on: July 31, 2014, 03:37:07 PM »

The Forum program does the censoring.  There's a set list of words that triggers the *s

Oh; thanks!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9235 on: August 03, 2014, 02:41:47 AM »

I'll try  again
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9236 on: August 04, 2014, 02:51:24 AM »

I'll try  again

You can get it if you really want
But you must try, try and try
Try and try, you'll succeed at last...

Jimmy Cliff - You Can Get It If You Really Want

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9237 on: August 04, 2014, 11:01:05 AM »

I will.
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9239 on: August 05, 2014, 12:02:15 PM »

I knew I could count on you! ha2ha
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 527

Page created in 0.472 seconds with 83 queries.