Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?  (Read 184236 times)

Bobber

Re: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« Reply #700 on: April 12, 2011, 08:25:59 PM »

Good story PaulRamon. Nice to have you aboard and I hope you'll enjoy the forums. ;D
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

PaulRamon

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #701 on: April 13, 2011, 07:00:56 PM »

Good story PaulRamon. Nice to have you aboard and I hope you'll enjoy the forums. ;D

thanxs Bobber, nice to meet you here!!
"Brave New World"

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #702 on: April 21, 2011, 02:26:29 AM »

I discovered The Beatles long ago, but let me tell you about my Beatles course I just finished tonight. We listened to Abbey Road, and let me tell you, it was emotional. First we talked about the album and so on, then we listened to a few of of the side A. After a 5 minute break we came back an listened to side B from start to finish. It was amazing. I just cannot describe to you the burning feeling I get when I listen to them. I truly learned the most this semester from this class. The Beatles are everything. ;yes

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #703 on: April 21, 2011, 07:11:25 PM »

That sounds great, PaulieBear.  :)   And lucky, you, getting to take a Beatles course!

Marvin

• A Beginning
« Reply #704 on: April 22, 2011, 12:08:36 PM »

When I was younger I'm now nearly 39 i was brought up on 60's music and my dad had a copy of Hello Goodbye/I am the Walrus and thought they were great tracks. A few years later a friend lent me a copy of SGT PEPPER listerned to it and then i was hooked.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #705 on: April 25, 2011, 04:09:10 AM »

A few years later a friend lent me a copy of SGT PEPPER listerned to it and then i was hooked.

That'll do it all right!    ;D
I can stay till it's time to go

Maccafan95

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #706 on: June 21, 2011, 09:36:47 PM »

I used to listen to a lot of Nirvana when i was in middle school. After reading a book about them (which listed The Beatles as a direct influence), i decided to check out some Beatles songs. The rest is history

R.I.P. Linda Louise McCartney 1941-1998
R.I.P. John Lennon 1940-1980
R.I.P. George Harrison 1943-2001

yerblues1234

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #707 on: June 29, 2011, 07:52:19 AM »

When I was just 11 or 12 years old, I saw a Beatles documentary on tv and from there i started to become a Beatles fan although I've been hearing they're songs growing up I never realized that it was sang by them.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 07:58:41 AM by Bobber »

KelMar

« Reply #708 on: June 29, 2011, 07:05:59 PM »

When I was just 11 or 12 years old, I saw a Beatles documentary on tv and from there i started to become a Beatles fan although I've been hearing they're songs growing up I never realized that it was sang by them.

I can see how that would get you interested. It's not just the music with The Beatles; their story and how they changed the world is very compelling as well. Welcome to the forums!

Walrus

• A Beginning
  • Here come old flat top.
    • Octopus's Beatles Forum
« Reply #709 on: July 14, 2011, 09:48:30 PM »

When I was 11 my grandma gave me the Rubber Soul album. I was not really into it or The Beatles, but after a little listening... I got used to it and eventually liked it, sprta. I began to really like The Beatles after I got a taste of a few more psycadelic tracks like Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds and I Am the Walrus. Before I knew it, I owned a copy of every LP the beatles every released.
"There's nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game."

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #710 on: July 14, 2011, 10:21:06 PM »

When I was 11 my grandma gave me the Rubber Soul album. I was not really into it or The Beatles, but after a little listening... I got used to it and eventually liked it, sprta. I began to really like The Beatles after I got a taste of a few more psycadelic tracks like Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds and I Am the Walrus. Before I knew it, I owned a copy of every LP the beatles every released.

Rubber Soul is what made me a Beatles fan too, Walrus.  Welcome to the forum!

KelMar

« Reply #711 on: July 15, 2011, 03:56:04 AM »

The cool thing about The Beatles is that they did so many different things over the years that there should be something for just about everybody. Anybody who says they don't like The Beatles hasn't listened enough! And welcome Walrus!

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
« Reply #712 on: July 30, 2011, 12:34:54 AM »

How's it going everyone? How did I discover The Beatles? According to my parents, it was on 9 February 1964 (At the age of 3) when I saw The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show. From then on, it was The Beatles this and The Beatles that! Take care.

Bobber

« Reply #713 on: July 30, 2011, 09:17:43 AM »

How's it going everyone? How did I discover The Beatles? According to my parents, it was on 9 February 1964 (At the age of 3) when I saw The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show. From then on, it was The Beatles this and The Beatles that! Take care.

But do you actually remember that? ;D

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #714 on: July 30, 2011, 10:47:46 AM »

The cool thing about The Beatles is that they did so many different things over the years that there should be something for just about everybody. Anybody who says they don't like The Beatles hasn't listened enough! And welcome Walrus!

That's true! All my friends say they hate The Beatles but all of them like atleast one song by them  ha2ha usually it's Let It Be or Get Back but one of them likes Don't Let Me Down...which I didn't expect  ;D but anyway, yeah, there's something for everybody  ;yes
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #715 on: July 30, 2011, 11:22:09 AM »

How's it going Bobber? I hope all is well with you. Believe it or not, I can barely remember some moments from the show. When I bought and viewed "the Four Complete Historic Ed Sullivan Shows Featuring The Beatles" 2-DVD set, I was able to naturally remember some of the moments. Believe me, it blew me away! Take care.   

KelMar

« Reply #716 on: July 30, 2011, 04:39:51 PM »

It's possible. I am another one who was watching that night at a very early age (7 months). Of course I couldn't have processed it the way an older kid with language skills would but I have always had this feeling when I see the footage and I believe that it is some type of memory. From what I've been told I really was watching intently, and screaming and bouncing around between numbers. Of course hardly anyone believes me! I remember quite a few things from my preschool years too so I believe you on this John.  :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:46:34 PM by In My Life »

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #717 on: July 30, 2011, 06:19:41 PM »

It's possible. I am another one who was watching that night at a very early age (7 months). Of course I couldn't have processed it the way an older kid with language skills would but I have always had this feeling when I see the footage and I believe that it is some type of memory. From what I've been told I really was watching intently, and screaming and bouncing around between numbers. Of course hardly anyone believes me! I remember quite a few things from my preschool years too so I believe you on this John.  :)

How's it going "In My Life?" I hope all is well with you. Its really amazing how I can remember things as a baby but can't remember what happened yesterday! Like yourself, I was jumping, screaming and dancing while saying T-H-E B-E-A-T-L-E-S!! My parents would constantly tell our friends about how I became a Beatles fan. I have heard that story so many times that I'll never forget it. As my mother progressed further into Alzheimers in 2000, one thing she always remembered was when I was dancing while I was watching The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show. My Mother and Father were big Beatles fans thanks to me. Take care.       

MollySingsItInTheBand

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #718 on: August 09, 2011, 06:31:38 PM »

I first consciously heard The Beatles when I was about three. I distinctly remember it. I remember sitting on the work top in the kitchen on a hot summer's day, with the French doors open and all the sunlight coming through the window. We had this old Ghetto Blaster on the work top and my Mum put The Beatles on and I asked who they were and she said 'This is The Beatles'. I distinctly remember this, not romantically because their music made a huge, lasting impression on me but because I thought it were actual beetles singing inside the radio. I was actually quite scared and I remember imagining little bugs wearing bowler hats all standing in a line at some microphones, swaying to the music.
I first 'discovered' them when I was nine listening to 'Please, Please Me' - much less interesting.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #719 on: August 09, 2011, 06:44:13 PM »

I first consciously heard The Beatles when I was about three. I distinctly remember it. I remember sitting on the work top in the kitchen on a hot summer's day, with the French doors open and all the sunlight coming through the window. We had this old Ghetto Blaster on the work top and my Mum put The Beatles on and I asked who they were and she said 'This is The Beatles'. I distinctly remember this, not romantically because their music made a huge, lasting impression on me but because I thought it were actual beetles singing inside the radio. I was actually quite scared and I remember imagining little bugs wearing bowler hats all standing in a line at some microphones, swaying to the music.
I first 'discovered' them when I was nine listening to 'Please, Please Me' - much less interesting.

Great story, MollySingsItInTheBand.  A nice way to discover The Beatles for sure.  Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, they were wearing bowler hats...

;D

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Page created in 0.63 seconds with 81 queries.