Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Living In The Material World  (Read 4095 times)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: Living In The Material World
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 06:01:26 PM »

On the tour, of course. :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

madman

• A Beginning
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 07:35:27 AM »

When I bought this on LP however many years ago it was, I remember being not too impressed. So I picked up the CD at the library last weekand and...I'm still not too impressed.

"Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)" is still a great catchy tune and the ending of the title track is pretty funny, as is "Sue Me, Sue You Blues", but most of the rest of them are just ok.

My main complaint is that the songs are in a key that's too high for George and he sounds like he's straining too much.  I'd give him a pass on "Try Some Buy Some", since it wasn't arranged for him, but he should have gotten someone else to sing it.  

"Who Can See It" is just awful to listen to; someone whould have told him to change the key.  Parts of it remind me of "My Love" for some reason.

Is it just me or does the piano part of "The Light That Has Lighted The World" remind anyone else of "Jealous Guy"?

"The Day The World Gets Round" and "That Is All" both have too many notes that he can barely reach.

Maybe I need to listen to "Dark Horse" before I can appreciate this album!

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 10:12:14 PM »

Quote from: 1330
Maybe I need to listen to "Dark Horse" before I can appreciate this album!

LOL
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 42 queries.