Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: because vocals ?  (Read 1129 times)

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
because vocals ?
« on: October 07, 2007, 11:17:21 PM »

just wondering, when i listen to the 3 way harmonizing im aware that there a 3 voices but it just sounds like 3 lennons  :-/ i know its all 3 of them just wondering was lennons voice brought more forward and that is why im having trouble or is it just that his voice is unique and standout that i cant hear the others ?

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: because vocals ?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 11:34:03 PM »

From what I read, they all recorded the vocals 3 times. So  you have 3 overlays of 3-part harmony. It was very exactly work, and drove Lennon mad! Cheers!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Re: because vocals ?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 06:36:24 PM »

Quote from: 758
just wondering, when i listen to the 3 way harmonizing im aware that there a 3 voices but it just sounds like 3 lennons  :-/ i know its all 3 of them just wondering was lennons voice brought more forward and that is why im having trouble or is it just that his voice is unique and standout that i cant hear the others ?

I have read the same as Hari.

I always have trouble hearing the "middle harmony" well, and so I really can't hear 9 separate voices, much less notes (though I imagine they have to be octaving or even doubling some, even those phantasmagoric chords probably don't all have 9 notes).

I can hear Paul pretty clearly way up top, and a few Johns as well. If I listen very closely I think I can hear Ringo singing "Which way does a knight move, two up and one over, or two over and one up?".
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 43 queries.