Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What is the most/difficult beatles song to play?  (Read 15010 times)

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
Re: What is the most/difficult beatles song to play?
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 02:39:30 AM »

[quote by=Rowdy link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1089392567,s=18 date=1089579475]I imagine that the solo in "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" would be a hard one......and the backwards one in "I'm Only Sleeping" could be a bit weird.....not sure what the hardest base parts are...[/quote]

what album is im only sleeping found. And yeah i agree while my guitar gently weeps is a cool/hard guitar song.

Paul McCartney :)

Lennon

• A Beginning
  • John Lennon: Best Songwriter in Rock History
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2004, 02:50:10 AM »

Another one would be Norwegian wood and revolution.  Norwegian wood would be a hard guitar song because lots of chords change really fast.  And revolution is just plain hard.

John Lennon the Legend

Lennon

• A Beginning
  • John Lennon: Best Songwriter in Rock History
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2004, 02:51:56 AM »

and Helter Skelter is has fast electic guitar.  that song would probabaly be pretty hard to play.

John Lennon the Legend

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2004, 04:01:48 AM »

[quote by=number14 link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1089392567,s=20 date=1089599970]

what album is im only sleeping found.
[/quote]

Revolver.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2004, 10:00:03 AM »

How about The Abbey Rd. Medley? Especially when the "And In the end" section is a semi-tone down from the rest of the track (Spliced on Edit). Thus giving guitarists a very hard time learning those final historic licks!

Love, Love, Love for all the string arrangements and lack of guitar. That's tough.
You'd need to be a bloody barber shop septet at least to recreate "Because" off Abbey Rd.

I could bore on and on about different songs with effects. Depends on how faithful you were learning the songs.

In terms of just plain buskers guitar, you'll be surprised at how hard some of the earlier ones really are! Thanks to George Martins diminished sixths and sevenths they all can be a handful to the learning guitarist.

http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2004, 01:27:20 PM »

Try playing Revolution #9 then!!!! ;D

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2004, 01:30:47 AM »

they don't get enough credit for some of there early stuff....they made it sound easy, but some of even the earliest tunes were very elaborate pieces......they just made it look so easy......
" You can't have a party without Beatles"

Strawberryfields67

• A Beginning
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2004, 02:15:21 AM »

Penny Lane...I just really struggle with that one.
"I really want to know you Lord."   

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2004, 02:32:18 AM »

[quote by=Strawberryfields67 link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1089392567,s=27 date=1092190521]Penny Lane...I just really struggle with that one.[/quote]

Penny Lane would be tough. Norwegian Wood is done by every cover band that i've ever seen. Put the capo on the guitar and go. The guitar solo on 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' doesnt sound hard at all, but i'm not a guitar player and I have heard the song played out before.

Within You, Without You would be tough.

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2004, 04:05:47 AM »

[quote by=Rowdy link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1089392567,s=23 date=1089604908]

Revolver.[/quote]

Sorry i bet you think im stupid i dont realy listen to revolver that much

Paul McCartney :)

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2004, 11:00:36 PM »

Taxman would be hard, thinking about harmonies (Heath/Wilson)

Any Enjoyable and easy bass line is: I want to Hold Your Hand..Lovely little run.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2004, 11:06:53 PM »

I don't know much about guitar, but And Your Bird Can Sing seems like it would be fairly difficult.

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2004, 10:27:55 PM »

i think tomorroe neveknows also...casue even in the studio i heard they had a hard time making it

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 03:16:02 PM »

Bump. :)

Kirkwood

• One And One Is Two
    • Ed Turner and Number 9
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 04:17:59 AM »

I know for us, its a tie between Walrus and Strawberry Fields.  We never really nailed them but got pretty close.  Of course, we have a much stronger string section now then we did for the MMT album so maybe one day we'll get to take a crack at them again.

I exclude Revolution 9 because I don't consider it a song but instead more a soundscape.  Therefore, for our White Album performance I put together a short version of my own using a similar piano intro and the same chant ending but the middle is everything from the Tardis materializing to roosters.

I saw that someone mentioned Tomorrow Never Knows and that song is the only one where we break form and just turn it into a jam and let it go wherever it takes us.  I play my trombone on that one and improve around using some different effects and just have a good time.  You can't always play everything note for note.

Its kind of funny though where our mistakes pop up.  We'll typically get all the hard stuff but then someone will mess up a change in While My Guitar Gently Weeps since its fairly easy just monotonous.
Please check out Ed Turner and Number 9 on Youtube and let us know what you think.  We perform primarily in the southeastern United States for charity events and pride ourselves in performing Beatles songs that they themselves never performed live.  We wo

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2008, 03:07:01 PM »

Happiness is A Warm Gun, Hey Bulldog, You Know My Name. All the feel changes in 'I Want You You (She's So Heavy)'

Kirkwood

• One And One Is Two
    • Ed Turner and Number 9
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 07:10:44 AM »

Happiness is fun, we have that on the Youtube channel.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbvUOVVQe3o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbvUOVVQe3o</a>

Definitely a tricky rhythm, one day I'll nail the tambourine part in the middle but the tuba swap kind of distracts me, heh.

I know what you mean about the "feel changes", we really enjoyed doing I Want You(Heavy) for some previous shows and get to work it up again since we're doing Abbey Road next year.

Tonight we participated in the local Christmas charity concert that is "The 12 Bands of Christmas".  Nothing difficult but our short 20 minute set was Sgt. Peppers Intro into With a Little Help from my Friends, Birthday (well, we're celebrating JC's aren't we?) Guitar Weeps, Christmas Time is Here Again and My Sweet Lord complete with southern black church choir singing in the aisles for the Hallelujah.  It got a full standing house, totally unexpected.

Did I mention that I'm not even a fan of the Beatles?  I'm a metal and heavy rock guy. However, being that I'm friends with all these guys and had done Darkside of the Moon with them that when they asked I didn't hesitate?  That probably makes me an oddity.
Please check out Ed Turner and Number 9 on Youtube and let us know what you think.  We perform primarily in the southeastern United States for charity events and pride ourselves in performing Beatles songs that they themselves never performed live.  We wo

BlueMeanie

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2008, 09:38:25 AM »

I'm told by a drummer friend of mine that the time changes in Yer Blues are very tough on tub thumpers. And Rain can't be easy either.

Quote from: 1780
Did I mention that I'm not even a fan of the Beatles?  I'm a metal and heavy rock guy. However, being that I'm friends with all these guys and had done Darkside of the Moon with them that when they asked I didn't hesitate?  That probably makes me an oddity.

I think you forgot that little point! Beatallica for you then. :)

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2008, 12:00:05 PM »

Hey Kirkwood. I loved the Glass Onion that you did. We just started to play that recently and had some fun figuring out that final cello outro. You guys nail it well. :)

Our little party piece we just done for a friends wedding was the Abbey Rd Mr. Mustard right through to the end but I want to take it back even further and do Because.

Dark Side of the moon must be a real pleasure to do aswell. HAve you heard 'Easy Dub Allstars' version of the album? Magic!

Lemme know if your ever short of a Macca stand in. ;) heheh

Kirkwood

• One And One Is Two
    • Ed Turner and Number 9
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008, 10:09:40 PM »

BlueMeanie, I'll post our Yer Blues soon to see what you think.  We have Rain worked up in our rotation and Tim has a Hofner reissue "Beatle Bass" that sounds great. I'll have to dig through my recordings and see if I have it somewhere.  (Well, as long as he doesn't play too hard. The electronics in it are far from stellar and easily fart out)  And yes, I dig Beatallica. Brilliant.

Apple, much thanks on the compliment.  While I'm not a Beatles fan, I do really dig Glass Onion along with the stranger or darker stuff like Helter Skelter, I Want You, and Walrus.  Savoy Truffle takes me back to high school jazz band with the standard walking bass line.  The Pink Floyd gig was incredible PLUS we did it in full quadraphonic sound.  The look on people's faces when sounds came out from behind them was priceless.  I have heard of the Dub Side of the Moon but haven't listened to it yet.  I'll add that to my list.  Too bad you're across the pond, would love to have you stand in sometime.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 91 queries.