Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: And A New Tour?  (Read 2569 times)

Bobber

And A New Tour?
« on: October 25, 2006, 12:55:09 PM »

From today's Daily Mail:

McCartney to tour to pay for millions in alimony
by RICHARD SIMPSON

Back to basics: Sir Paul is hitting the road again to pay off his divorce debts
Even with the best divorce lawyers in the land, Heather Mills is never going to leave Paul McCartney on his uppers. But it seems Sir Paul - who is worth some £800 million - clearly doesn't feel his financial future is all that secure.
The former Beatle has revealed to friends that he plans to spend half of next year on an extended world tour which could gross as much as £60 million. Estimates of the share of McCartney's fortune Heather may come away with have ranged from £30 million to as much as £200 million.

"Paul is going on a five-month world tour at the end of next year to get over Heather. But it is also rather a convenient way of recouping the losses he will accrue in the divorce courts", said a friend last night. As part of the divorce arrangement McCartney is also hoping to take the couple's baby Beatrice on tour with him.
Heather is said to be angered by his decision to tour, not least because the tour will ostensibly be used to promote his new album of chamber music Ecce Cor Meum (Behold My Heart), which he has dedicated to his late wife Linda.

The tour will set off during the last five months of 2007. Sir Paul and his band will head to the States, Japan and Australia and will also do some dates in Europe.
McCartney is understood to have made plans for the new tour only in recent weeks when it became more evident that the split was heading further into acrimony. McCartney only finished his last major tour in October of last year in the US. A friend of Sir Paul's said: "Paul is going on a five-month world tour at the end of next year to get over Heather. But it is also rather a convenient way of recouping the losses he will make in the divorce courts.

"He'll take in the USA, Australia, Japan and some of Europe as well. He plans to take Beatrice with him for some of the shows, which Heather has agreed to. "The one thing Paul uses that helps him through the bad times is his music. His tour will put a line under Heather and signify his new start in life." Speaking publicly of how he felt for the first time since the split in recent weeks, Sir Paul said: "I'm doing fine. I am enjoying music. It
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: And A New Tour?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 01:35:32 PM »

He'd better come over at least one more time.

I've never seen him live yet and I'll never forgive myself if I don't get to see him before he dies or retires.

Wayne L.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 02:55:19 PM »

I think when Paul does tour next year he will probably perform in Charlotte at the Bobcats Arena.  The Stones opened up this new arena earlier this year & Clapton played here last week, so hopefully Macca will return as well.  It's great that he will be touring again especially at his age to be honest but I'm not expecting too many more.  

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 05:54:43 PM »

I don't even care if it'll be good, I just want to see a Beatle in person, dammit!  :)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 11:40:27 PM »

I hate to say it, but i'll probably skip this one unless the reviews are spectacular or something. Even if he has a new album, he's only going to play two or three of it. Screw it. He's doing it for the wrong reasons now.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 07:42:37 AM »

Quote from: 373
Even if he has a new album, he's only going to play two or three of it. Screw it. He's doing it for the wrong reasons now.

I'm sure 95% of his audience prefers the hits over new material.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 09:37:50 AM »

Sure, go ahead and sweep us 5% under the rug.

I know what your saying and I should have been more clear. I meant for my own personal taste, I wont go see him again unless the setlist is severely changed. I've seen him the last four times he's been around and i'm a bit bored with the same old sh*t (especially for that price). He's touring again because he feels his fortune is going to take a hit due to the divorce? Of course he's going to lose money, but for an artist to come out and say he's touring just for cash when he's a billionaire already,,,,,,give me a f***ing break.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 04:34:14 PM »

Any story that has Macca's name will sell like hotcakes in the UK at the moment. Interesting that the sources are "friends", and the paper is The Daily Mail.(gossip mag for the middle classes.)
I wouldn't put too much credence in this at all. Paul must know that saying he's touring just to make some quick cash would really damage his already underthreat cred. And would real "friends" really say this to a paper (especially The Mail)*?
If I was Heather Mills lawyer I would be very happy that this story has "leaked."
don't follow leaders

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 07:06:10 PM »

Still no Canadian dates... he should take a page from the Stones, Alice Cooper, Cher and Willie Nelson. THEY didn't skip over our country.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 09:13:17 PM »

Quote from: 218
Still no Canadian dates... he should take a page from the Stones, Alice Cooper, Cher and Willie Nelson. THEY didn't skip over our country.

Stones were smart to come to Canada, the shows in Canada have been the most successful and are the only ones completly selling out.

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 06:33:09 PM »

Well I hope this tour is true. I think Paul needs to drop some of his Beatles tunes from the setlist and add a lot more Wings stuff. Hes been playing most of the same beatles tunes for almost ten years if not more. I hope he'll add some new stuff. Maybe he can even try to get Wings back together and  bring his Ric back one more time. That'll be tough as Linda is gone and it will probably be a hard decision to choose who will be the drummer and lead guitarist. But I'd think it would be great and something new. I would love to see the show opened with Venus and Mars/Rockshow medleyed with Jet. If anyone has seen his mid seventies tours they would know how awesome those songs go together.

Bobber

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 12:12:42 PM »

The Beatles' fan website Abbey Road Best reported that Paul McCartney and band might be heading back on the road this year. According to a source nothing has been set yet, but McCartney is eying hitting Europe over the summer before heading to the U.S. in the fall.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »

Wayne said that (sadly) Macca's last tour would be his last, and as Wayne is always right, I have to go with him.
don't follow leaders

Bobber

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 12:37:03 PM »

Quote from: 185
Wayne is always right, I have to go with him.

He said I am gay. And I think I remember he said you're a fool.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 12:57:20 PM »

One out of two ain't bad  ;)
don't follow leaders

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 05:20:44 PM »

I've Gotta see him in concert!!!!!!! :)

ohyea

• A Beginning
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 05:59:24 PM »

have any dates been set yet?

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 05:18:35 AM »

I don't think the tour has been made official yet. For the moment, its just rumor. But I am seriously hoping its true!

McLennon

• Getting Better
  • There are 7 levels!
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 10:58:37 PM »

If its ture, he better do england, it says some dates in Europe!!! thats not good enough!! he comes from england, he lives here! he done a huge american tour in 2005 or 2006! so he must play some in england!! I won't miss it for the world! i missed the chance in 2002 when my dad went as I wasn'y into the beatles then (dare I say it), but I will be there no matter won't this time round!
There are 7 levels!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 12:36:25 AM »

I'm probably going to pass on this go round unless the setlist is seriously changed (which I doubt).
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.455 seconds with 81 queries.