Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Sir Paul  (Read 4744 times)

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
Re: Happy Birthday Sir Paul
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2005, 02:16:25 AM »

Happy belated Birthday Paul!
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2005, 04:01:28 AM »

Quote from: tkitna

Dolly, are you saying that you are too mature to wish a person Happy Birthday? Come on man.

No, too sensible to send a celebrity birthday wishes that he'll never see. Haven't you been following the thread?

joan was quizzical

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2005, 04:53:38 AM »

Hahahaha....

Everytime I see a thread with "Last Action By: Ydoll Gwyn" I just have to go and see how he managed to $hit all over it this time.

~ missy

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2005, 05:14:02 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

No, too sensible to send a celebrity birthday wishes that he'll never see.

Now, we dont really know that, do we? How can you be 100% sure that he isnt bored in his hotel room somewhere and plugged into the old laptop? I'm sure you dont care, but that just adds to my curiousity as to how you ever found enjoyment from the Beatles in the first place.

Cheers Dolly and happy birthday to you also, whenever that day may be.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2005, 05:28:25 AM »

Quote from: tkitna

(1) Now, we dont really know that, do we? How can you be 100% sure that he isnt bored in his hotel room somewhere and plugged into the old laptop? (2) I'm sure you dont care, but that just adds to my curiousity as to how you ever found enjoyment from the Beatles in the first place.

(1) He could be reading all these wishes. Then again, maybe he ain't. I'll put money on the "ain't" side - seems safer than a bank to me!

(2) Well now, I find my enjoyment in LISTENING to the Beatles. I get no buzz out of childish hero worship, gushing over favorites, sending birthday wishes, etc etc. Like I said, I'm a grown-up.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2005, 06:16:19 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

(2) Well now, I find my enjoyment in LISTENING to the Beatles. I get no buzz out of childish hero worship, gushing over favorites, sending birthday wishes, etc etc. Like I said, I'm a grown-up.

Well, your use of an actual avatar and your involvement here at this very forum almost makes me question that.  

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2005, 10:21:35 AM »

Personally, I always consider The Beatles themselves to symbolise in some ways, the excitement and escapism that you see in Child behaviour.
 The untouched innoccence of the Psychedelic period is a perfect example of this, as well as the creative style of many of the Beatles projects e.g. Magical Mystery Tour, Sgt Peppers and Yellow Submarine.
 John Lennon I would argue, was most intouch with his boyhood nostalgia. In his Own Write and Strawberry Fields (amongst others) show his love and appreciation of where he came from (Liverpool having an obvious link with childhood)

I think without a tad child-like fantasy, The Beatles would not be The Beatles.

I hope that I will (many years from now) still hold on to some of the childhood behaviour that influenced me, as an individual.

Oh, and happy birthday Paul.

;)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2005, 11:25:16 AM »

Quote from: IndicaWalrus
Personally, I always consider The Beatles themselves to symbolise in some ways, the excitement and escapism that you see in Child behaviour.
 The untouched innoccence of the Psychedelic period is a perfect example of this, as well as the creative style of many of the Beatles projects e.g. Magical Mystery Tour, Sgt Peppers and Yellow Submarine.
 John Lennon I would argue, was most intouch with his boyhood nostalgia. In his Own Write and Strawberry Fields (amongst others) show his love and appreciation of where he came from (Liverpool having an obvious link with childhood)

I think without a tad child-like fantasy, The Beatles would not be The Beatles.

I hope that I will (many years from now) still hold on to some of the childhood behaviour that influenced me, as an individual.

If that's what you think, no wonder I find your views on the Beatles a little ... unformed and immature.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2005, 11:26:07 AM »

Quote from: IndicaWalrus

Oh, and happy birthday Paul.
 ;)

Paulie wants to know where his pressies are!

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2005, 11:42:36 AM »

Your mockery does not meet me Ydoll

Heart

• A Beginning
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2005, 04:30:27 PM »

I share a birthday with paul! :) I played that birthday song like crazy!!!!

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2005, 09:18:16 PM »

Quote from: Heart
I share a birthday with paul! :) I played that birthday song like crazy!!!!

You're lucky. I have all the day by day books on recording sessions, appearances, etc. and they did NOTHING on the day I was born.  I think its the only day that's blank. Maybe they got the vibe their biggest fan was going to be born...Okay, maybe not, but I can dream, can't I?

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 64 queries.