Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ringo All Starr Tour on PBS  (Read 1555 times)

andyec

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles always bring me joy.
Ringo All Starr Tour on PBS
« on: February 27, 2005, 01:07:05 PM »

I don't know how long ago this was made,but I saw a documentary of Ringo on tour with his All Starr band last night on the local PBS station. Sheila E,a guy from Men at Work,a guy who sang a song I recognized but can't remember,and a couple of guys I don't know at all were in the band. Ringo's given just about every out of work,down on their luck,or just forgotten about artist of the 70's and 80's a chance to tour. How many different All Starr bands have their been? It seems like dozens.
They always look like they have a great time in concert. I saw one of his first All Starr bands-it had Billy Preston,Dr. John,Joe Walsh,Levon Helm,annd some other great performers. I think that lineup was infinitely better than the one I saw last night. But Ringo was having a blast so more power to him.
I never get tired of hearing Ringo or Paul playing Beatles music live. It's always thrilling for me. The one song that he played last night that he didn't when I saw him was "Don't Pass Me By". Ringo was actually playing piano for the first part of the song. I loved it!

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 34 queries.