Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Pet Sounds  (Read 11812 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: Pet Sounds
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2005, 08:06:06 PM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle
I saw that tour on TV and I gotta say I was kinda sad to see how much the band around him had to cover his ass.....I feel real dis-respectful saying that. I know he is a great legend but I don't think I actually saw him play those keyboards in front of him from memory. I know his health may have played a great part in that...The band did a great job I thought.

Well, it might look a bit tragic, but in fact I think that in a way it's really beautiful how he's performing nowadays.

He's had a miserable life filled with mental and physical abuse, drug abuse, depressions, panic attacks, extreme paranoia etc., and now he says in interviews that for the first time in his life he enjoys performing live and that he's finally reasonably happy. Mike Love & co. have been treating Brian like sh*t for a long time and taking advantage of him because he was their ticket to success, and Brian finally came up for himself, got Mike out of his life and stepped into the spotlights to finally claim the love and respect he deserved for such a long time.

And besides that, it's not as bad as it looks. Brian Wilson might look lad a sad old man, but he stills knows damn well what he's doing and he has full control of his band. I saw some rehearsal footage of him and his band, and he still directs the band like in the old days. If something's not perfect, he'll fix it. His musical hearing is still intact and he still has every single part of every single song stored in his memory.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2005, 11:09:33 PM »

That pretty much sums it up for me. I can't wait for Brian to work with Macca. I thought they're going to record an LP early this year.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2005, 06:08:20 AM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power

Well, it might look a bit tragic, but in fact I think that in a way it's really beautiful how he's performing nowadays.

He's had a miserable life filled with mental and physical abuse, drug abuse, depressions, panic attacks, extreme paranoia etc., and now he says in interviews that for the first time in his life he enjoys performing live and that he's finally reasonably happy. Mike Love & co. have been treating Brian like sh*t for a long time and taking advantage of him because he was their ticket to success, and Brian finally came up for himself, got Mike out of his life and stepped into the spotlights to finally claim the love and respect he deserved for such a long time.

And besides that, it's not as bad as it looks. Brian Wilson might look lad a sad old man, but he stills knows damn well what he's doing and he has full control of his band. I saw some rehearsal footage of him and his band, and he still directs the band like in the old days. If something's not perfect, he'll fix it. His musical hearing is still intact and he still has every single part of every single song stored in his memory.

Cool, thats good to know...I'm also glad he's come through all of that...It shows great courage and strength to come out of it all like that. Great to hear his ear is in intact and yes I'm looking forward to the forthcoming output from 2 great musicians...Cheers for the insight Biccy! ;)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2005, 10:39:51 AM »

He also (co-)wrote and sang on Surf City, which was their biggest hit. His dad/manager got very upset at him for giving away that song, especially because it became a #1 and the Beach Boys didn't have any #1 hits yet.

But anyway, I stand corrected.
i was correcting wasn't i???i apauligize.........i just wanted to garner some credit for jan berry actually.jan and dean were sort of a novelty group....they hadn't planned it that way but it happened.
yeah like brians dad,murray wilson,neede a reason to be mad.he once hit brian in the head with a two by four.denny told about it in heros and villians.i think carl also mentioned it......

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2005, 11:20:15 AM »

I read Brian Wilson's autobiography and yeah, that Murry Wilson must've been an unbelievable a**hole. The things he did to his kids... Damn... Well, the fact that all three of them eventually got a serious drug problem probably says enough.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2005, 12:08:03 PM »

I love Pet Sounds and it is definetly in my top 5.

god only knows is great, but myfavorite beach boys song is i get around. too bad it wasn't on pet sounds
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2005, 05:15:45 PM »

Quote from: lennonlemon
I love Pet Sounds and it is definetly in my top 5.

god only knows is great, but myfavorite beach boys song is i get around. too bad it wasn't on pet sounds

I Get Around is certainly in my top 5 as well.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2005, 05:17:33 PM »

I Get Around is certainly in my top 5 as well.

Wouldn't It Be Nice for me
don't follow leaders

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2005, 09:41:19 PM »

Quote from: lennonlemon
but myfavorite beach boys song is i get around. too bad it wasn't on pet sounds

It would've been completely out of place on Pet Sounds.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2005, 01:06:22 AM »

It would've been completely out of place on Pet Sounds.

yeah, but it certainly is a great song. :)

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2005, 10:02:42 AM »

Good Vibrations should've been on Pet Sounds.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2005, 12:18:15 PM »

Quote from: Zep_Fan

yeah, but an album can't have every great song.:)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2005, 04:18:58 PM »

Quote from: Zep_Fan

It would've been great on Pet Sounds, but remember that Brian was already planning Smile, and it fits so much better on Smile than on Pet Sounds. Plus the backing track of final version is so much better than the backing track Brian recorded for Pet Sounds.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2005, 05:47:12 PM »

It would've been great on Pet Sounds, but remember that Brian was already planning Smile, and it fits so much better on Smile than on Pet Sounds. Plus the backing track of final version is so much better than the backing track Brian recorded for Pet Sounds.

I agree. Good Vibrations has always been part of SMiLE, in my book...

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2005, 02:15:43 AM »

I think somebody needs to do a Concept Album about Murray Wilson.  The weird neurotic abusive "father" of rock-n-roll.    

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2005, 12:30:38 PM »

Quote from: adamzero
I think somebody needs to do a Concept Album about Murray Wilson.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2005, 08:37:11 PM »

Well, Brian wrote one song about Murry ("I'm bugged at my old man"), and I don't think anyone would need an album full of songs like that...

I cracked up when I heard that song :) It's hilarious.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2005, 12:20:22 AM »

Yeah, it's funny, but not really good... Or tasteful, if you know the background...

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2005, 12:24:04 AM »

The funniest song the Beach Boys ever made is without a doubt "Ding Dang". Every time I hear it I can't help laughing out loud. It's probably the most hilarious piece of music ever recorded.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2005, 12:23:45 AM »

The funniest song the Beach Boys ever made is without a doubt "Ding Dang". Every time I hear it I can't help laughing out loud. It's probably the most hilarious piece of music ever recorded.

I always play air-piano to 'Ding Dang'.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 78 queries.