Beatles forums > Polls

Which One ?

<< < (3/3)

wingsman:
Still, I think his performance in the charts was remarkable after 1993. Of course, his singles never went higher than #18, but... for not too much.
The problem is that, at a certain point, musicians with a long career became more album artists rather than single artists.

'Flaming Pie' was a huge hit as an album project, reaching #2, but still produced 3 UK Top 25 singles. 'Young Boy' reached #19, which is almost #18.  ;D
When an artist gets older, is more difficult to reach highest places. But 'Fine Line' still showed a remarkable Paul's staying power at the charts, reaching #20. Even 'Jenny Wren' peaking at #22 I think it's a big hit.

I really don't think his hit making days end in the early nineties, because there's no much difference between a #18 and a #20. If you consider what I said, 'Fine Line' was even a bigger hit than 'Hope' or 'My Brave Face' or 'This One', because it's really hard to make a good chart placing when you are a 62 year-old. Even 'Dance Tonight' was #26 only with downloads, as far as I know.

I hope you get my point, DaveRam, my english sucks.  :P

DaveRam:
I get your point wingsman  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version