Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Yoko Ono  (Read 15581 times)

Yoko Ono
« on: May 20, 2006, 03:52:59 AM »

I'm fed up of Yoko bashing.

I think she's done some really interesting work in her time and the fact that she was John Lennon's soul mate improves my opinion of her. Unfounded rumors have no sway with me, she was right for John and I have no reason to doubt his judgement.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Yoko Ono
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 04:03:27 AM »

I don't know her as a person, but  as an artist, I think her so called art is absolute crap.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 04:11:21 AM »

I think she and John were very self indulged. I think she annoyed the other Beatles. They seem to not have a whole lot of love for her. I think her 'music' is crap. I really don't care know about her art. Seems like a lot of hype. But avant garde is not for everyone I guess. But how can I hate her if I don't know her? If John was happy than she was good for him I guess. I just think the obsession thing was a little strange. I mean, a bed in the studio? It's not only presumptuous, but kind of rude.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 04:14:39 AM »

Hey! What's a Yoko topic doing under Fifth Beatles??

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 04:27:17 AM »

She was on 'The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill'. Please remember to vote for the nearest option that applies to your belief of her or her work, if you like.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 04:35:03 AM »

I was just kidding.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 02:59:48 PM »

If you like Yoko, please remember to join my forum dedicated to her life and work: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yoko_ono/

;D

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 06:55:11 PM »

hahahaha...i mean really hahhahahaha

nice 1 ;)

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 08:59:22 PM »

i honestly, dont like her art, music, or the fact that she p*ssed off the beatles. the only thing that is redeeming and why i dont completely classify her as a soul-sucking, banshee-screaming whore, is that she did so much to influence john and his music and some of the best stuff he did was with her in mind. *shudder* i just dont understand him sometimes
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 01:15:44 AM »

Quote from: TheMasterOfGoingFaster
She was on 'The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill'.

Thats why that song sucks.

I voted that I hate everything about her and everything she did. If there was something worse up there, i'd have voted for that.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 03:17:05 AM »

I don't think she's in it enought to actually ruin it is she?! I like the song. Of course she does have that one really annoying part. But it kind of fits in. She sounds like a little kid. It annoys me that she horned her way onto a Beatles record though. I'm sure the others were thrilled. A woman on a Beatle record!?! Unheard of. Not as bad as TLAWR though.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 04:50:48 AM »

Quote from: The_End
If you like Yoko, please remember to join my forum dedicated to her life and work: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yoko_ono/

;D

Alrite so that's funny.

Mendips

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 03:53:35 PM »

I'm tired of Yoko bashing, myself.
I never had anything against that woman.
Her art is funny as hell, I really like a lot of her songs.
And of course John loved her, and that's good enough for me.
John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 03:24:14 PM »

I like her imagery, the way she inspired John, I don't think her singing is bad at all.

Sweeping generaliseation: Or are you one of these people that thinks certain art is brilliant because you don't understand what the hell it is you are looking at but don't want to sound intellectually inferior.

Tell me Jr, who are 'these people', names and examples of these people please.

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 03:41:07 PM »

'go read some harry potter site, 'cos you've got no clue'?

what the hells that supposed to mean...just cos he has a different opinion to you doesnt mean he doesnt know enough about the beatles ok?

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 04:01:13 PM »

Just ignore it legend.

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 04:14:21 PM »

great, the man chats crap

Bobber

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 08:52:30 AM »

When it comes to conclusions we can say that Mrs Lennon sure knows how to get people debating about her. It's no secret that I'm no big fan of her and hers neither. Her art does not appeal to me at all, her singing is seriously painful to my ears. Over the years one could say she made some -friendly said- strange decisions regarding John's legacy. It's not my kind of woman. The whole lost weekend thing and all: it may have been more common in the early seventies, but I can't get rid of the idea that Yoko Ono had John under her spell.
Still, John Lennon was a grown up man when he met her. Responsible and fully aware (well, more of less) of his decisions. He decided to stay with her till the very end. We can endlessly discuss the depth of their love and how they depended on each other, but it's all some kind of speculation. We can discuss that Yoko did no good on the existence of The Beatles, but again, it was John's decision. What can we say?

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 10:02:11 AM »

^ True, fine and wise words.
But I'd like to put a little plug in for idle gossip, speculation and sheer fantasy. Where would we be without them. It's fun, and short of a lawsuit from Yoko, no harm done.
don't follow leaders

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
  • Don't take it from the top
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 02:52:38 PM »

I should have gone with: It is wrong to judge somebody I've never met on rumors...
but actually in her case I cannot help but to  judge someone although I never met her.
That John loved her was good for him and him only.
So it's called art now what she does... yeah, whatever - if she hadn't John to support her...well...nuff said
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 83 queries.